Baking soda or salt for homemade ionto?

paidinfull

Hi guys,

I had success with homemade ionto a while back (without having to use salt or baking soda) - when I do treatment now, I don't feel anything unless I add salt. When I add salt, I can feel the current/tingling like I did when I had success the first time using ionto.

Has anyone else had a similar situation? I've noticed salt works well but I've heard some people say baking soda is better. Should I stick with adding salt? I add maybe a teaspoon or more..

86theHH

Baking soda is a better conductor of electricity than salt, so if you only have to choose one, then I would say baking soda. However, I put both in my trays. There isn't anything wrong with using both or just one.

saya

Personally I would avoid salt if only because i have a bias against it as it can cause increased sweating if you have too much.

For ionto I have used baking soda but at the moment i'm using Epsom salts which seems to work well. To be honest i'm in a very hard water area (as is most of the uk) so i don't really need to add anything.

I had success with homemade ionto a while back (without having to use salt or baking soda) - when I do treatment now, I don't feel anything unless I add salt. When I add salt, I can feel the current/tingling like I did when I had success the first time using ionto.

Curious, I assume your setup is direct current? what voltage is it at? I'm using 15v at the moment and its painful, comparable to a bee sting.

Last edited:

bazingaa

Glad to know that you had success with your ionto! Can you tell me how much voltage are you using? How many batteries and which brand of batteries?

Moreover, i would appreciate if anyone having success with their ionto can tell me these things. Thank you

hoplaba

Don't use salt for 3 reason.. It hurts like hell and it doesnt work plus the metal rust extremely fast with salt. My stainless steel containers started to rust only after 2 treatments with salt.

paidinfull

Personally I would avoid salt if only because i have a bias against it as it can cause increased sweating if you have too much.

For ionto I have used baking soda but at the moment i'm using Epsom salts which seems to work well. To be honest i'm in a very hard water area (as is most of the uk) so i don't really need to add anything.

Curious, I assume your setup is direct current? what voltage is it at? I'm using 15v at the moment and its painful, comparable to a bee sting.

Okay, guys, I'm going to switch over to using baking soda now. I'm going on vacation during the week of March 28th so i'm hoping I can combat my HH by then.

I'm using 2 12v batteries. And I agree, salt does hurt like hell, especially if I put in a tad bit too much.