Bahrain protests

Honda

Bahrani King (self crowned)... Decided to pay people, just like the Kuwaiti King, 1000 Bahrani dinar = 1100 USD, thinking he'll shut them up... But some people didnt buy the idea of being bribed to stay down on their knees.. The catch is as follows, not only that he's the undisputed king but the fact he and his minority of sunni muslims rule over a country that is majorly shia muslims..

But its scary as some people will use these incidents to fuel their political agendas as usual via religious conflit; I hope people there are aware of that. We've seen 'nuff of those puppet dictatorships and local Islamists..

The era of monarchies is coming to an end in the middle east.. They got it going in Algeria, Yemen and Jordan; wish them luck as they fight for their freedom and work on installing a democracy..

Last edited:

Dwight

I'm not sure if a revolution will make things better, sometimes a pursuit of freedom leads to more slavery (example: Russian revolution in 1917), do the people in Middle East truly want FREEDOM, or do they just want another master?

Honda

I'm not sure if a revolution will make things better, sometimes a pursuit of freedom leads to more slavery (example: Russian revolution in 1917), do the people in Middle East truly want FREEDOM, or do they just want another master?

It depends on the circumstances and how things go from here... Nobody wants an eternal king that loots a country dry and leaves bones to his people.. The fact is as follows the more Islamist the regime is the more chaotic and bloody the conflict might be... In Tunisia and Egypt there are no major fanatic muslim populations there and the government isnt Islamic.. Algreia and Jordan aswell dont take religion too seriously. Hence people are more patriotic and united there for fighitng for country whatsoever their beliefs are; I see a good potential future for these countries..
But Bahrain and Saudi Arabia are Islamist states and they will be willing to use religion as a weapon and be more bloody with dealing with protests..