Bad work contacts...

nicole1

I actually had an internship in a busy office. B/c of my SA, I'm sure people thought I was weird. I'd freak out being in meetings and after the office moved to a smaller more open office, I felt a panic being there. This caused me to seek out alternative solutions to make sure I was able to work with out letting my SA interfere. But I still think I left a bad impression on those I worked with. This concerns me b/c this was a major newspaper that I was fortunate to intern for. Here, I'd need to have good contacts but I fear I don't and now I feel less optimistic about my future.

I did great work and made an A- (this was a class credit internship) and received a nice comment from my supervisor. But I'm sure this isn't enough.

If you have similar experience or advice on how to get around this or out of this or whatever, please feel free to share.

nicole1

The person I worked closest with really...didn't like me. I never understood why and pretty much avoided my questions.

Section_31

Hey Nicole,

What was it that made you anxious about the meetings?. Or do you even know? or did it just happen?.

The only thing ive found that works for me, is i just focus on what im doing and ignore everything else, including other people. But mind you, for me thats actually alot easier than it sounds, as being one of only 2 I.T people in a corporate setting, most people act as if im not there anyway.

Just wondering if you know if there was any specific thing that made you feel how you do.

nicole1

Just being around people especially sitting so closely to them.

What worries me most is the impression I left on the people I've worked with.