Bad grades??

nerdgirl178

I was wondering how many of you are pretty weak in school? I finished U, thank god, but my freshman and sophmore year I was an awesome student, I was on deans list. The worse my SA got the worse student I became. I was more and more unhappy and extremely lazy due to depression. I finished U but not with the grades I would have liked. And this causes stress because I want to go to graduate school :roll: ...now I have to get laods of excellent work experience before I even apply to graduate school :x

shipost

yeah i finished school, i didnt even take the tests. no chance of me getting a proper job, not that i want one.

Kinetik

I quit university this year after my grade point average dropped to probation-level. I was having an increasingly difficult time with the more ostentatious stuff (presentations, speeches, participation). The other thing is that I, like you, really wanted to go to graduate school and I realized that even if I did somehow manage to finish my degree, no grad school would take me in with my hopeless grades. So you're definitely not alone. In fact I think it's probably a very common occurrence in people with social anxieties and phobias.

Toad

I actually am a pretty good student...I feel that I fail at any social life so I try to make up for this with constant studying. It sucks and I hate it, but I force myself to do it.

Quixote

nerdgirl178 said:
The worse my SA got the worse student I became. I was more and more unhappy and extremely lazy due to depression. I finished U but not with the grades I would have liked.

Both in school and uni I would go from one extreme to the other depending on my mood and the related amount of effort I put on studying. Sometimes I would fail completely, at other times I would get pretty high grades. I could never trust myself that I would calmly and constantly do the required work. All in all, I'm afraid I could have done far better than what I did, academically, without the lack of motivation caused (indirectly, through loneliness mainly) by SA.

Hello my fellow sufferers,

I have gone through the same thing. I went to University and in the first two years failed most of my classes. I failed because of non attendance. I then switched to part time, and was even struggling then. I was so afraid to attend. It would make me miserable to see students interacting so easily with eachother, and there i would be standing in the background a loner and a loser.

Years were going by and I was making little progress with my degree. Most of the people I had started my course with were now finished. I felt ashamed, weak and disappointed. I felt that I had let my family down. Relatives would ask me when I was going to finish and I would change the subject of course.

I have finally finished and gotten that degree. I don't feel proud though because it has taken too long. I feel as though I have wasted my life in fear. The fear is still there, I have just learnt to deal with it better.

Anyway this is my first post, but I hope I get to know all of you guys.

Bye.

nerdgirl178

Mad_woman: How long did it take you to graduate? Look on the bright side, at least you are finished, right?
Carebear:
I have a B.A. in Art History, and I am interning at a gallery, but I want to go to grad school soooo bad! Doubt it.

chear15

hi, I am in my senior year in college, I feel my grades are alright, but could be better, I get A's, B's and some C's. I feel kind of dissappointed in myself I never have gotten great grades through High school while my brother and sister always have gotten perfect grades. It dissapoints me and I feel my parents too. I am trying my best its not always easy to do group projects, ask questions in class, interact, it makes it that much harder along with that I stutterer. I am almost done so I feel proud of myself in that sense. I am going for a Accounting degree, then going a extra semester to get 150 hours and take the CPA Exam. Its been tough, but I have pushed my way through.