Bad Dreams...

strawberrybrunette

Hey everyone. I'm new here, and this is my first proper post. This is something that has puzzled me for ages: Does anyone else have recurring anxiety dreams?

I have this specific dream quite often (though not as often as i used to, thankfully). It's not exactly the same every single time - like, i'll be in a slighty different place, or i'll be in a car rather than walking - but the scenario is the same everytime: I'll be walking my dog in a field or something, normally with my mum, dad or brother, and the weather will be absolutely beautiful. Clear sky. Nice and warm. Lovely. Then, all of a sudden, the sky will just cloud over - then i'll look around and suddenly realise i'm all on my own. Whoever i was walking with just vanished without me noticing. I look up at the sky, and out of the clouds comes this funnel cloud, which touches the ground to form a tornado. The tornado will be coming towards me, but i'll just be rooted to the ground, unable to run or scream. However, just before the tornado swallows me up, it disappates. Then i wake up.

I used to get this dream a couple of times a week, now it's only about once every couple of months. From the description, the dream doesn't sound that scary - but it really is. The tornado is so loud, and i feel so helpless and frightened. Sometimes i don't want to sleep because i'm scared i'll have the dream!!

I was wondering if anyone else has a reccuring dream like that, that sort of embodies your anxiety. The tornado has sort of become a bit of a symbol for me - if some asked me to draw my anxiety, i would draw a tornado.

I look foward to finding out if anyone else has a similar thing!!

Emily x

Vancouver

Actually yeah. I used to have a ton of dreams about this weird, disfigured house out in the middle of nowhere. Weird part is, it doesn't resemble a house I've ever even seen, let alone lived in in my entire life. Long story short, somehow I always end up dying there in my dreams. Sometimes by zombies from the basement, getting shot, getting eaten by the wolves in the attic, or falling through floorboards on the second story (or just a gap inside the floor).

Somehow I've always attributed them to my anxiety (probably due to the overimaginative fears). I used to dream about the house once every few weeks or so. And for some weird reason, I haven't dreamed about it in a while. i think something's changing :)

xSleepy

I have bad dreams a lot. I think mostly when im stressed out. But i have dreams about the world ending!!! Its so scary cause it really really really feels like its all gonna end. And since im really good at remembering my dreams i think about it the rest of the day.
And I have dreams about people trying to hurt me in some way...its different everytime. Iv had dreams of people trying to break into my house (and thats a big fear of mine).
so ya your not the only one

samyou

Yes i sometimes do, even though not really often...
And btw how are you strawberrybrunette?It's been a while we haven't talked lol you don't appear no more on my msn...

Misterhopefull

That's really obvious metaphoric dreams you have there.

The dream I have usually ends with me falling off the bed.
I just can't link that to anything :D