Awkward Topics Thread

Thankfully never. However, many years ago we were camping. My brother and I shared a tent, and my parents another tent. One morning we get up and my mum asked us if we could hear them. When we said no, and asked why, she said they were playing "adult games."

Even at our ages, we knew that meant sex. Why the hell would she tell us that?

Haha, wow. It's almost like she wanted you to overhear it, as if she thought it would be funny to see your reaction or something.

Ew, that's awkward, lol.
When I was young I went over to play with my friend living next door. She told me that her mom was in the bedroom with her step-dad, getting "her daily spanking." I was far too young to know what that really meant, and I just remember being perplexed that her mother misbehaved so frequently as to need a daily spanking.

o_O

I wonder where your friend heard that phrase? From her parents? Either way... wow. Funny you thought of it in that context, though :D

I didn't mean that you should be embarrassed for talking about it or questioning it. And I don't think you're a weirdo for talking about it. That's not what I meant. It is a viable topic. I was just a bit apprehensive to discuss it simply because I didn't want anybody to get creeped out by what I was about to say and take it the wrong way.

Oh, okay. Makes sense :) I don't think you said anything weird, either.

As for my own experience, I have unfortunately overheard... things, a couple of times. I won't go into detail (not that I stuck around long enough to pick up on any detail... ew). Once is bad enough but it happened more than once :crying:

Also, unrelated but something kind of awkward, I once had a girl French kiss me in a closet when I was about... I don't know, 8 years old? Not quite sure. I just remember sitting in the dark with her and she said, do this, and then we were kissing and I didn't know what was going on and she had been eating curry chicken or something. It never felt like it was kissing, I remember afterward I just felt strange, like what was that about?

Silatuyok

o_O

I wonder where your friend heard that phrase? From her parents? Either way... wow. Funny you thought of it in that context, though :D

This girl was a few years older than I and very, um, well-versed in adult matters. I'm actually very surprised that my parents let me spend time alone with her. Looking back, they probably really shouldn't have...

DepravedFurball

I just spent the past ten minutes laughing my bum off at this thread. Never thought that the topic of male circumcisions would be debate-worthy. And to approach it so seriously... well... high-larious. ^^

I'll agree the female circumcision is disgusting, and should rightfully be banned. Otherwise, I'll leave the decisions about my male brethren to their parents.

I just spent the past ten minutes laughing my bum off at this thread. Never thought that the topic of male circumcisions would be debate-worthy. And to approach it so seriously... well... high-larious. ^^

I'll agree the female circumcision is disgusting, and should rightfully be banned. Otherwise, I'll leave the decisions about my male brethren to their parents.

Let me ask you, then: why do you accept it so readily? What is so hilarious about approaching it in a critical light? People very often just accept things without thinking about them. There are good reasons why people are concerned about it.

Why is male circumcision okay, but female not okay? I don't understand how you can think this way. It just tells me you've accepted it just like everyone else, because it's so commonplace. That doesn't make it right, or acceptable.

Are you aware that there are men who have had it done while adults, and have found that they've had decreased sexual pleasure after it? Are you aware that many men feel bitter about having had it done to them before they were old enough to consent? Are you aware that there are cultures who do not practice it, and get along just fine - and therefore maybe that part of the anatomy is fine just as it is, without being messed with?

Why should it be up to the parents? If it had been up to my mother to slice off part of my body, and she had done it, I think I'd be pretty pissed. Unless, of course, it was accepted as a "thing" to do, and then maybe I wouldn't be aware... Still doesn't make it okay.

There are plenty of websites I could point out, and this is only one PDF, but there are doctors against circumcision: http://www.doctorsopposingcircumcision.org/pdf/Hill_2007.pdf

Whether you find it funny or not, it's something people are questioning more and more, because it involves cutting off a sensitive, private part of the body and people are starting to wonder... why? Is this such a good thing? To dismiss it as you have just illustrates the widespread ignorance and frightening acceptance of the matter.

Last edited:
Ew, that's awkward, lol.
When I was young I went over to play with my friend living next door. She told me that her mom was in the bedroom with her step-dad, getting "her daily spanking." I was far too young to know what that really meant, and I just remember being perplexed that her mother misbehaved so frequently as to need a daily spanking.

Oh that's awesome! "Daily Spanking"? Oh my God! That's what I'm going to start calling it! Well,... as they say in... somewhere... it's time to go hand out a daily spanking. :brindis:

AGR

hmmm you should watch that christopher Hitchens vídeo posted earlier.

I am circuncized,only me, my brother and cousins are not,doesnt bother me because its all I know,but I have memory of the day,dont know if it hurt or those are real memories,but I agree that only adults should chose,which I believe almost nobody would chose to do it,because they would be uncut for all their lives up until that point,and then you would have the religious.....