avoident personality disorder and facebook/myspace

DespairSoul

Further to my previous comment on this thread I just wanted to have a small rant about the incredibly fake nature of Facebook.
Its like, people are so selective about how they convey themselves and so quick to show off about everything they have.
One of my friends is going travelling and mentions so on many statuses about how great its going to be. Somebody asked her an unrelated question on one of her statii and she managed to throw in the fact she was going travelling into her reply.
I know going travelling is exciting. I've done it. But I didn't put statuses about it because I didn't want to sound bigheaded and besides which its my own private business!
So you're like this but then you just get tonnes of people who DO use it to show off and it angers you because you don't want these people to assume that their life is greater than yours but you won't retaliate in a childish manner so they'll ALWAYS be stuck in their own arrogance.
Sorry for the rant but it annoys me so much!!!!!!

Twiggle i can more then agree. Yah is commercial bussines making money that way and people are just the way how they want to be, they like popularity, they love show off that they have something better as others. Is huge competition between each others on facebook about whatever, who have cuter baby even, and status like i go travel and will be gona great i would too feel bigheaded silly about it. Annoys me the same. And your rant is in order.;)

eek

i would if i had more than 3 actual friends. A facebook account with 3 friends might be pretty weird :rolleyes:

Shant

Surprisingly, I have 200-300 friends. Unfortunately, I only know but up to five, maybe.

I only worked to get to that amount so that I wouldn't look like a total outcast. I'm sure I end up looking like one anyways, though.

I hate it. You can only post positive things and others will respond. If I ever post anything negative or personal, no one ever responds and so I end up deleting the status. Because no one really cares anyways. Meh, it ends up depressing me from time to time so I used to just de-activate the account from time to time. It's depressing when I have no new messages, or no notifications, when everyone else seems to have quite a bit.