Avert is on the way, 1st time user

mattbarneswillkillu

Hey everyone, I was browsing around and found Avert on this site. I've read about the success of Avert and i'm excited to see what it can do for me. I play collegiate soccer and i'm pretty sure i should avoid taking it before playing. Has anyone had good/bad experiences with Avert while playing sports? some say they take some at night before they sleep...we practice in the morning so does a nights sleep allow enough time to be safe? sorry if these newby q's are annoying...

deadwetter

It will take some trial and error to figure out the times and dosages that work best for you. I take a double dose (2mg) two hours before work and then a 1mg kicker at 10am. My early dose is ALWAYS on an empty stomach. I've found the meds less effective when I eat anything for breakfast and not effective if I pig out. I try to go to the gym about 7 hours after my 10am kicker dose. The meds seem to be wearing off about that time so I sweat a little but not like a crack baby. The danger for you will be overheating. If your Avert is working too well you won't sweat enough to cool your body. Be sure to stay hydrated when you're on the field. Adjust your times, meals, and dosage as you learn how your body reacts to the medicine. The bad side effects should fade after 2 weeks (mine did) so don't give up. Avert is your best chance to control HH from the inside out.

SweatParty

I've had a few experiences where I've gotten really out of breath and felt overheated while taking Avert. If I know I'm going to be doing some physical activity, I usually avoid taking it so I can sweat naturally.

Avert is really awesome for controlling sweat under most situations -- I have only sweated maybe 1-2 times at work in the past 3 months, which is incredible, because in the summer heat I would normally sweat daily.

However when outside in hot weather and doing physical activity, my hands still sweat. The difference I've noticed is that when I return indoors and start cooling down, the hands stop sweating much more quickly than without Avert. So that is also nice.

Solo Dolo

Dont take it before sports...i did it before soccer in highschool and i got dry mouth...i couldnt swallow...i was still sweating...im lucky i didnt have heat stroke...very bad idea

zav943

They work but be warned:

Take one pill only...two if the one didn't do anything. These pills will dehydrate you pretty bad...like, you won't be able to function because of how dehydrated you are. Your throat will feel very dry and your eyes will be strained. Also, your heart may slightly out of rhythm.

I recommend taking it as early as possible...like 5 am or something.

margiehope

They work but be warned:

Take one pill only...two if the one didn't do anything. These pills will dehydrate you pretty bad...like, you won't be able to function because of how dehydrated you are. Your throat will feel very dry and your eyes will be strained. Also, your heart may slightly out of rhythm.

This is a really extreme reaction. I've been on Avert for 4 or 5 years now and have NEVER been unable to function.

Everybody's different though--just don't be alarmed before you've even tried it!

pedro123

They work but be warned:

It's never been that bad for me, and I take a lot of anticolinergics a day (100 mg of ProBanthine and 6 mg Robinul). I get up and take some around 5 then sleep again until 7. The rest of the day don't eat 2 hours before or after the pill. I do get really dehydrated in the morning, but just sip water and it won't be a problem

mattbarneswillkillu

They work but be warned:

Zav - was this an experience after sports or just in general? I have practice everyday in the morning and games mon, wed so I'll just take them after practices and not on game days.

mattbarneswillkillu

Day 1
Today was rough. I took 2mgs in the morning (no food 3hrs) and i seemed to be fine. I felt the side affects of dry mouth about 7hrs later. During the day i didnt really notice much decreased facial sweat, although other parts of my body felt dry. I guess i should get up to 4mgs?

pedro123

Also I find if you sip water it's better for the dry mouth than consuming large amounts of water and going to the bathroom constantly.

margiehope

Day 1
Today was rough. I took 2mgs in the morning (no food 3hrs) and i seemed to be fine. I felt the side affects of dry mouth about 7hrs later. During the day i didnt really notice much decreased facial sweat, although other parts of my body felt dry. I guess i should get up to 4mgs?

Trial and error (and it will be different on different days), but if you have fairly severe HH, 2mg probably won't cut it.

Good luck!

mattbarneswillkillu

I want to get up to 4mg's but i'm just worried that i'd be too dried to play sports. Has anyone tied Neat Feat 3D facial sweat cream? i've heard some good things...but there hasnt been any drawbacks ir side effects which makes it almost too good to be true. it's only 10$ so i might just buy some.

pedro123

Avert is just Robinul, correct?

I used to take 10 mg a day (5x2mg). Now I mix it with Pro Banthine.

zav943

I want to get up to 4mg's but i'm just worried that i'd be too dried to play sports. Has anyone tied Neat Feat 3D facial sweat cream? i've heard some good things...but there hasnt been any drawbacks ir side effects which makes it almost too good to be true. it's only 10$ so i might just buy some.

Go for it...try the 4mg. My dehydration reaction had nothing to do with sports...just a regular day at work. I don't think you should do strenuous exercise on a high dosage though.

Just keep trying till you find out what the optimum dosage is for you. You can go up to 8mg in one gulp and you'll be fine.

pedro123

One thing my doctor told me, it's not actually dehydration. The side effects just feel like dehydration (dry mouth, head ache, constipation). So you don't have to drink a ton of water, just sip it from time to time to keep your throat from drying out.