Attention fellow PROBLEM POOPERS!

Cwoods

I can't poop anywhere but at home and it's been a HUGE problem for me. No trips, lost jobs, couldn't live with others or in a dorm, no camping, relationship problems and the list go on. I'm looking for folks with similar troubles to take this survey so researchers can better understand this condition/disorder and some TREATMENTS can be devised. Just a few minutes of your time will make such a HUGE difference! Thank you so much.

https://www.psychdata.com/s.asp?SID=153888

jaim38

I have this problem too. The survey was pretty comprehensive.

I am kind of gassy so during bowel movement, all sorts of noises could come out. When I used to live in the dorm I was scared of doing #2 in the shared bathrooms when people are around. I would wait until everyone left before I do it, or I use the bathroom on another floor. My dormmates can be judgmental. One time when I was showering I accidentally made a sound which sounded like a fart. I heard one of the girls outside said "Eww..." My body kinda froze for a moment. I knew that if I were to poop and fart in the toilet, they would make fun of me and call me disgusting. Dorm living is certainly not for me.

Pooping when others are around is already hard enough but being gassy makes it 10X worse. It looks like gasiness is genetic because my family members also have the same problem so can't do much about that.

S_Spartan

I only wish this was my biggest problem! And I have not had a BM in a public restroom since the 90s.

drakir

i also have problems with my stomach.. but thats most likely caused by my anxiety.
i cant shit at public restrooms both because of anxiety, and i get really stressed with other people near me.
even at home... i hide away magazines, comics and such, because i usually get stressed by those bright colours (and the faces looking at me).

but im pretty good at holding myself.. so... public restrooms isnt a to big of a problem

Cwoods

Thank you all for your responses!

@ Drakir - do you think that if you were desperate you could use a public restroom? Because I can't. It literally WILL NOT come out. It's embarrassing, painful and just awful. I would really appreciate your input in regards to my survey, I think you'd be a great participant with the type of issues you have.

@ Spartan - same question as drakir (see above)

@Jaim - thanks a TON for completing the survey! I really appreciate it and I'm looking forward to seeing how prevalent these problems are.

@Spider - Have you ever heard of 'Paruresis'? This is basically "shy bladder." Do you have trouble with like drug tests or if others are in a restroom with you? I think your input would really add to my study, only 5 min of your time and I'd super appreciate it. :bigsmile:

Cwoods

@ Lone Gunman - Have you ever heard of 'Paruresis'? This is basically "shy bladder." Do you have trouble with like drug tests or if others are in a restroom with you? I think your input would really add to my study, only 5 min of your time and I'd super appreciate it.

A86

stop talking $h1t :p

seriously though. toilets have been more a safe place to avoid the outside world than a cause of anxiety. at least for me. i probably have spent too much time in toilets :(

drakir

@ cwoods - nope.. not even if i was desperate

@ a86 - i also "hide" on the toilets, but using it (for shitting) is something i cant do