Apparently being Socially Anxious= Lack of Respect? Kind of long.

RPGEnix

Well for who I am as a person with SA, I guess it's the norm. In the house and outside of school, I'm okay. At school however, I suddenly lock up and become tense/serious.

So because I'm quiet and a loner, it seems I give this "stuck up" vibe or this tension to people around me, I guess this turn off everyone whether they want to create friendship or dare I say date me or something (Lol). Fortunately I get mostly teasing, but then there's quite a bit of downright mockery on me. Some people have absolutely no respect for me, and it pisses me off. I don't care if you hate my guts, as long as you respect me.

Now to elaborate on what no respect means. There are two people who do that to me, both are definitely extroverts. One of them, thank God I won't ever see him until Graduation Day later this year. But then there's one in just one freaking hour. I guess, again, because of my nature he talks down on me. And he is definitely not joking, because his tone of voice says otherwise. Let's just say he loves to talk, and I guess to him I'm his verbal punching bag. A week ago, he tried to scare me by yelling "TA-TA-TA" at my face. I did flinch, but ha, if it's because I was scared, LOL, I wanted to punch his face right then and there. But then there's today. You know when you want to get past someone in the way and you say excuse me? Well this kid said "excuse me" in some of the most obnoxious way possible and started touching/patting me, he obviously did this to provoke me. Again because of my nature, he testing my patience, and my reaction. It seems, when dealing with this kid, you have to somehow get his smirk off his face (never passive), but at the same time don't get too aggressive (he had an incident which I'll talk about later). Well buddy, sorry I'm actually going to a quality college, and getting suspended over you isn't worth it.

So did I tell anyone? Faculty? Witnesses? One of them witnessed the above incident, but I believe she's the freaking boyfriend or very close friend to that kid. She didn't laugh at the incident, but she probably thought he was just playing or something. Today I was about to tell the principal, enough is enough, but the freaking door was closed, ha, it's like destiny is preventing me or something. Oh some background on the kid. I don't know him well, but he did get suspended a few weeks back. His incident: Someone threw something at him and he strangled the kid. This is obvious, he was most likely annoying the kid who threw something. Funny, he's giving me all this shit, and he can't even take an object thrown at him. Like I said above, If I am going to deal with this kid, I can't be too passive because he will just laugh at me, so it will have to be between assertive and aggressive. Remember, not too aggressive or this kid will probably shoot me or something for embarrassing him ( I could do that minus the SA) or if I get him suspended by telling on him, he will somehow get the whole school behind his back. I wouldn't mind at the latter, I don't even know if i have a reputation, and I have nothing to lose. I'm going to college at least an hour away from that place anyways.

Because of my SA, I guess this makes my voice very soft spoken in school (LOL, comparing my voice in school to how it really is), and not to mention I just don't have reactions to this kind of shit; I'm just not the type to talk back. I'm in 4 AP classes, and I never have any problems with the kids in those classes (this is obvious). Well next time, I'll just have to talk back right away. Am I hurt by this kid? No way, I'm pissed of at the fact that he's not respecting me. I think you, the reader, figured it out, respect is my big thing.

Last edited:

Hellhound

Super Moderator
That kid obviously has issues, and i bet you are not the only one he annoys. Talking back is a good thing, i suppose. He will need to understand that you won't take crap from anyone. But he probably bothers you for no reason, SA is not what it causes him to do that and you didn't do anything bad at all. He has a problem and is at fault here, not you.

RPGEnix

Yup I thought so, talking back is just between assertiveness and aggressiveness. The only thing is getting my mouth to do that, and hopefully he won't laugh at me talking back at him (remember, he thinks I'm his step stool or something).

Hellhound

Super Moderator
If he laughs at you, it's because he's an idiot and a child. Talk back when it's necesary, but also try not to take him too seriously... people like that usually annoy others to feel better with themselves. From what you mentioned, he seems to be mean to everyone and it's not a personal thing with you only.

willie

its not always what you say or dont say, its how confident you look, when hes around you shouldnt be thinking "please dont hit me" or "please leave me alone". just think about how good it would feel to break his jaw. standing up to someone doesnt always mean throwing punches. sometimes that "im gunna kill you" look is enough to make the kid back down.