Anyone who's made any progess latley......tell about it here

uk_27

Lets hear who has had any success stories latley................who has been making progess in anyway, shape or form????

I seem to be getting a little more confident at work now which is encouraging. Seem to have more to say then before and am abit more relaxed. Although not completley relaxed yet!!

Starry

Well, I managed to stay in the livingroom and utter a few words to my brother-in-law tonight. (Normally I try to leave the room when members of my family visit) I was still extremely uncomfortable, but I managed. Also, I actually joined this forum (Yesterday) and made my first post without feeling nervous. :D

Scottish_Player

I have been progressing rather well over the last six months, iam more confident in myself and have a better outlook on life than i had previously.

What changed?

I changed my thinking, when i make mistakes i dont beat myself up over it as much but instead i learn from them and try to do it better next time when the same situation arrises.

Also the positive thinking really is a big key in overcoming SA and that would probably be top of my list for helping, just try to see the positive in everything and forget the negative, like for exaple you went to the shop that you dont like and you tripped on the step or somthinglike that, then just forget the trip thing and look at the fact you actualy made it to the shop.

Self belief is another, you have to belive in yourself that you can and will one day overcome SA, its not going to be easy but it will slowly get better with persistance, like it has been said before, there is no over night cure.

Sure i still have my down days and still get days where i think whats the point" but those are getting less and less.

Another thing i just remembered is that keeping busy is good, the less time you have to think means the less time your brain has to think about and work out anxious situations that you preplan and think about over and over.

Thats a few of the things iam/have been working on in overcoming SAand they seem to be working for me slowly but surely.

xkiss_me_nowx

i don't have sp but im shy.
i thought i may have got it but i dont think i have..

i take drama for a gcse subject in year 11 @ school.. and i hadnt been to that lesson the last few lessons before that and we were doing our exam to the lesson i came to which is performing a play in front of everyone and also a camera which will be sent to the examiners.

and i didnt know what we were doing so i asked the teacher and she said id have to replace this girl in a play bcos she was off.. so i was like.. ugh.. ok then?

so i went into there group.. there was me my best friend, and some other girls i dont really talk to in it, and i had to learn 3 pages of my character speech and we had to perform it within 15 mins.

anyway i did it :D and it didn't go too bad either!

.. erm ive been alot more confident meeting and talking to new people lately too..

also me and my friends joined the school quor for a laugh.. and anyway it turned pretty funny/good so we kept at it.. and tomorrow we are going on stage and singing in front of year 7/ and 8. in the afternoon.
and then after school at 7pm we are going to the after school concert on stage and singing in front of some of the school and there families.

then on friday we are performing in front of the WHOLE school. haha omg gonna be embarrasing but eh i'm not THAT bothered about it nomore.

Thelema

Called my friend in California. I was nervous as hell talking to anybody much less a girl I'm madly in love with. The only reason I really did it was because she wanted. Could never have done it just for myself.

scatmantom

organised a party for my parents, kept it secret and greeted the guests and chatted to them before my parents arrived. Extreamly stressful from my point of view, but worth it as my parents loved it.

xkiss_me_nowx

so yep! i did it!!
turned out better than expected to..
we got on stage in front of EVERYONE. and sang jinglebells rock, and winter wonderland :]
then at the end of the concert, we had to go on and sing along with the band merry christmas. and we started singin it really well and i wasn't even nervous,then when it got to the chorus we all started dancing on stage in front of everyone, and they all joined in and everyone in the whole place were singing and dancing and we were on stage dancing and singing. man it was so fun! i cant believe i did it :]

Higolo

7 months ago, i found it extremely difficult to open the front door.
Yesterday, i asked a girl out without feeling too anxious.

Scottish Player, are you using CBT?

Scottish_Player

Higolo said:

Hi, no iam not using CBT, i had the chance of it in February this year but i was ill at the time and missed the chance, i had waited 8 months for it aswell.

Is this what your are doing yourself Higolo? also contgrtulations on asking the girl out :wink: what was her answer? iam guessing she said YES

steve1

had a job now for 4 months....doing ok but my anxiety creeps up on me from nowhere which efects the way i act to people which in turn makes them feel uncomfortable,but im not quitting this job (done that to many times in the past)i just keep saying to myself its just the S.P interfering

Higolo

Scottish_Player said:
Higolo said:

Hi, no iam not using CBT, i had the chance of it in February this year but i was ill at the time and missed the chance, i had waited 8 months for it aswell.

Is this what your are doing yourself Higolo? also contgrtulations on asking the girl out :wink: what was her answer? iam guessing she said YES

You had to wait 8 months for it? Why's that?

Yeah, i'm using CBT. I started in late July, and while it was VERY difficult to know when to use which techniques at first (and to even contemplate using controlled breathing in social situations), i slowly got used to it.

What did the gal say? She said NO. She's already got a boyfriend, infact, he was in her company when i asked (8O). I guess i can take solace in the fact that a taken girl was checking me out, though :wink:

LittleMissMuffet

That's fantastic CuteFluffy!! :D :D
I really hope that the world opens up to you and that your worries diminish into the back ground.

I'll say a prayer for you just to help a bit as well.
And my prayer is that you won't really need my prayer -that it'll all come quite naturally for you. :p

I wish you all the best and a great lot of happiness!!!!!!!! :D

red_reagel

I got the nerve to compliment someone on their solo singing. She's a very extroverted person. And I managed to talk to a group of kids who I always seem to afraid to socialize with.

Lotrsfan

I managed to go downstairs and walk pass my sister and her new boyfriend sitting on the sofa in the lounge on Friday night. I've always had a problem with that, not much of my sister but of when she has friends hanging around in the lounge and i have to go through the lounge to get to the kitchen. If i hadn't of done that, my sister's boyfriend would've thought i was avoiding him, and he would've probably been wondering whether i'm hungry for some food and whether i have an eating problem because if i went to bed that night without having anything to eat.
I also bucked up the courage to say hiya to him when he first came round that Friday Night, because another time (very first time he was round) i found out that he had told my sister why didn't i say hi to him and she told me, so this time i thought i'd say hi incase he asks my sister again. I hope he didn't say anything else about me to my sister on Friday Night

xkiss_me_nowx

i now have a boyfriend.. who likes me alot it seem's.. and we get on really well :)
we're going cinemas on wednesday to see black christmas [=

FlirtyandDirty

cutefluffykitten said:
Ok here is some good news that has happened in the life of cutefluffykitten.
I have met the man of my dreams and have fallen in love with him.
The love i have for him , i have been able to over come a lot of fears. I love him and he makes me feel special and i feel safe with him.
i had given up on life and finding true love but it happened.
If it can happen to me...it can happen to anyone.

I will encourage anyone that is feeling like theres no point in ever being with someone not to give up. Focus on yourself and begin to love yourself and be your trueself...what on the inside of you...dont allow social phobia to mask who you really are.

I have overcome a lot , i still have phobias like using a webcam but everything else....is falling into place.

Praise God and self acceptance.

I hope you will be happy for me but i know posts like this can piss people off :lol:

This is absolutley wonderful news!! Congratulations fluffy. I really hope that your dreams have come true and that you will find only happiness with your man.

The very best of luck to you and yours for 2007.

Billie xxx