Anyone use St. Johns Wort?

ryan2022

Hi folks,

I've been trying St. Johns wort for my anxiety, and have been on it for 2-3 weeks.

On the positive side, I don't feel like it's doing any harm, but I really don't feel like it's doing anything.

I have a good brand with a good potency and am taking the recommended dosage.

I may go back to Sam-e. I had great luck, but changed due to cost.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan

anomicdeer

I took it before but I think it might have been only for a week. I can't remember but I felt it was working but I might have been just at a point that I wanted to be positive. So, I don't know if it helped me.

spearhunter

I tried St john worth in my vaporizer instead of weed, helps only for sleep, you should try suntheanine , that really helps, can't do no harm, or 5htp, there is a lot of natural remedies that can help, you don;t need to get in the pharmaceutical world for help, as I did.

Earthcircle

I used to take Kira SJW when it was still on the market. Seems to be gone now. I was taking a dose of 1500 to 1800 mg (I forget which). I was taking it in this range because the studies used such a high range. What I recall was feeling a little bit better and a little bit more able to cope with the world. As for making me more social, I doubt that it made any difference.

nina79

I'm taking it three times a day and It's working for me. The other day I said to my husband that I remembered to take it because I was thinking after something that would typically throw me way off, "why am I not upset"? I thought it has to be helping. This is week three and I'm a content user.

Kiwong

I've had more luck with Mandarines and Oranges. Vitamin C lowers influences cortisol levels.

I have kava pretty regularly, especially on bad days. I used to get the pure stuff, but then controls came in. Now I drink it in small quantities commercially available in tea products. It has a decent anxiolytic effect if you can get your hands on some.