Anyone Successfully conquered blushing??

Has your blushing (erythrophobia) stopped??

• Total voters

sidney

I'm just wondering has anybody successfully conquered their blushing problem, cus right now it seems that there's no hope for me and im finding it hard to ask for the help from professionals that i really need :(
can anyone help?

maximo12

I hope so.. lately I seem to be getting worse. The only thing that actually seems to help me the last few days is picturing my best friend (we always act like idiots together, its fun. :D) doing something stupid wherever I am. I get really nervous in this one class (my favorite one :( ) and I noticed if I can picture her in the background making a stupid face or doing a dance I wont really blush. I know, that must sound so stupid, but if you find something to think about that distracts you, it might help. It could be anything, really. It helps take your mind of blushing. I really do think it helps me sometimes.

Winter

well I know how you feel about finding it hard to ask professionals.. I could never do that, I can't even tell my friends/family about it, cause I don't think they'd take me seriously.

I wouldn't say I've conquered it but I feel like I'm definately improving cause I don't blush as much as I used to. The best thing I find helps me is completely blocking the thought of blushing out of my head.. cos if you think don't blush! or like try to hide away your face it will only lead to the inevitable.. by just smiling and trying to act confident when I'm feeling nervous inside I feel calms me down and doesn't make me worry so much about blushing

sidney

lol thanks, i know what you mean, if you try to make it seem funny you dont take it seriously and it helps you relax a little, i should keep that in mind, its just so hard to keep a clear head when it happens, i just tend to panic :?

Generical

8O ok im the only yes so far sooo i'll explain, blushing has sort of become natural for me so i hardly ever notice it anymore.......i think i still blush a little but it doesn't overwhelm my head these days so im usually relaxed, move on and forget about it. It still can get bad with a lot of attention on me but lets face it it's a pretty normal reaction under those circumstances.......i still blush....but i believe im over erythrophobia.

sidney

how do you stop it from getting so bad? do you say something into yourself or do deep breathing??
how do you control it when your in a situation and ur thinking im gunna blush as soon as they talk to me and it happens, when theres NOT a lot of attention on you? god i hate this :cry:

chinb

Im also really suffering from this awkward problem. nothing really seems to help.

Lately i came across this site, wheree someone claims to have the perfect solution (althogh i still have to wait for the whole download)

http://www.facialredness.co.uk/

sidney

could you let us know what it is please cus if i dont get help soon i know ill go insane :cry:

Generical

I guess i just gained confidence with mine......it wasn't a case of one day i had it and the following day it was gone, it really took a long time, i guess i just got used to it. I never took any medication or talked to anyone about it i just beat it on myself. I think just going through the experience enough times makes you relax more.....i didnt start doing anything different. Although i did improve around the time i drank more and smoked weed but i think it was more about going out to the social events and just talking to random people it just made me care less about it, when its out of your head it goes away.

So in other words do the same as you would with many other fears, experience it so much that you become comfortable with it.

And sydney i gotta admit if i were in a position or queue and i know im going to get asked a question even if there aren't loads of peeps watching........im gonna blush badly....basically if ive got any pressure on me im screwed lol. Hmmmmm im guessing ive improved more in one on one stuff and maybe speaking out in front of a group of friends or people where its in a casual situation or something. Either ways i don't worry about it much anymore but it might be because ive finished school, which was were it was worse.

Lissa1990

Its getting worse

Ive been suffering from blushing problems since I was 11.
I used to think that I was strange so kept it to myself. Then one day I typed it in google and found millions of people suffering from the same thing.
I had cognitive behavioural therapy and tht didnt work. Now within the next few weeks Im going to try hypnotherapy, Ill let you know if its successful.
Do any of u wna talk on a one to one basis?
Id really like to see if u have ny other techniques tht u use to stop the blushing.
Ive spent the whole day in my room because I couldnt face saying hi to my family. Now they all just think Im selfish.
:(

Butterflies

I would rate blushing as the hardest thing for me to conquer! I find it comes in massive waves and rushes - just when I think I'm overcomming it - it comes back to me like a hurricane.

... and that's just it - it's my thoughts - when I think about it I feed it. I can manage bushing by understanding that it really doesn't matter if I do blush. When I do blush or think about blushing I tell myself SO WHAT - who cares if I blush.

If we fight it just gets stronger. Just accept your blushing for now - it's ok to blush - no one will like you any less if you blush. Once you accept it - everytime you think about it just say - it's ok and distract your mind - do something else engaging so you don't focus on it.

It takes practice and is not easy but it does work with persistence. Don't expect a quick fix (although I'll admit I've never tried drugs). You can do it - start with your self talk.

bill-uk

I usually inhabit the HH board but saw this post.

20 years ago, aged 27 I used to blush when I talked to certain people, when i had interviews or when I gave presentations. Someone told me, allow yourself to be nervous, expect it, allow yourself to go red because most audiences expect the speaker to be nervous.

I tried it at an interview and instead of fighting it, I allowed myself to get nervous and go red. Very quickly I regained my composure and ever since it has not been a major problem for me. Now I actually enjoy presenting to other people. I occasionally get nervous but go with it rather than fight it. And as you would expect, the more you do it, the easier it gets ......

karmen

Hello, I havennt posted in over a year, but yea i would like to say I have recovered from my blushing anxiety. Yes, it crosses my mind before I go to social events or present a project, but I'm not worried to the extent I was. I got help from my doctor and a conunsellor. What really helped me thrugh the toughest times, was just accepting that my face was red and there was nothing I could do about it. I was in Grade 8 when it strted and I am now in grade 11. I dont have the confidence I had prior to my blushing breakdown, but I'm regaining it. Its easier said than done, but its something you need to sperate from the rest of your life, accpet its something you might always have, and it sucks. But go on with your life. I know I am young and I thought I would never get married or have a good life, but things have turned around for me.

nikole

hey i am new to this site and am finding very helpful.........i came across this topic and have to say i suffer from sa but and even tho i knew other ppl had it i thought i was the only one in the world with a really bad blushing problem

it happens all the time sometimes i can control it and other times i cant..........i find it easier when ppl dont make direct contact with my eyes.....

i also find that a lot of guys i go for are really outgoing and same with my friendships so its hard for them to understand when i do blush eaisily

has anybody tried to explain to other ppl why it happens to you?????......coz i am finding it really difficult

simon89

I stopped blushing when i was perscribed 225mg of venlafaxine (an antidepressant) but it made my hands shake too much so now i only take 150mg and don't blush much..

ThatGuy

nikole said:
has anybody tried to explain to other ppl why it happens to you?????......coz i am finding it really difficult

When I was with my girlfriend and I blushed I was straight with her. I just said it was me getting stressed and anxious and it'll pass. She understood and when I said I needed to get some air she knew why and didn't question it.