Anyone here work as a Medic?

voodoochild16

Hey all,
Just wondering if anyone here has ever worked as a Medic?. Is it a good SA job or is it something I should steer away from?.

A friend of mine (who doesnt have SA), took the medical transcription course and became a medic, up north, and all he did was cruise around in an ambulance and just helped people with scrapes and cuts and stuff because the town was so dead, and it was good money, so it sounds alright to me but I wanted to see someone elses perspective on it if they have worked the job or not. Thanks.

LittleGloves

I've only work as a nurse before and it is really a struggle for someone with social anxiety.

Generally medics have to work and think fast and if you are anxious it's bound to be difficult because you can't concentrate on what you are doing. But if you really have the passion for it then by all means.

voodoochild16

I thought so, thanks for your opinion. I thought being in the back of an ambulance would be alright, but I think a job that doesn't require much communication at all is best for me. Thanks :).

voodoochild16

Sounds like a good tradeoff :). That's also great that you were passionate enough about it to get into it despite the struggles that tagged along with you.