Anyone here have flat feet?

FriendlyShadow

I know I don't have a good arch to begin with, but the pain for me isn't like, terribly agonizing that I do need a procedure. I've seen some surgical procedures like Hyprocure and to me, I don't know if even want to go with that option. I do wear orthodics and braces and they do somewhat straighten or I guess help with pain, but should I be concerned if this condition might get worse. I am a healthy person, drink plenty of water and eat mostly healthy vegetables and fruits everday, exercise for 30 minutes, don't smoke, I'm skinny. My mother did say they were slightly rolled in but there are sometimes, not all the time, where if I stand for too long in one spot, my feet then start to ache but I'm wondering if that's just from standing and putting so much stress on my feet like that than it is with my flat feet. The doctors already knew I had flat feet a long time ago when I was young, but did not recommend surgery to be an option, thankfully. I don't know if my father has this, but I know his mother has clubbed feet and her feet are in worse condition. So, I'm not really sure with my feet, it's much of a big deal. Do teqniques like stretching, massages, exercises, help at least to allievate the pain to not worsen later on?

hoddesdon

My father had flat feet, but I do not. I suppose I am a carrier though (?) He did not seem to be able to run - is that caused by flat feet?

Modam

I have flat feet. I found that wearing shoes with no heel and no arch support are the best for me (the exact opposite of what most podiatrists recommend). Wearing minimalist shoes is supposed to strengthen your feet (I wear a brand called Lems). It works well for me. I suggest you find a quality physical therapist to give you foot and ankle exercises. If you happen to be in Oregon I can recommend someone!

Do you have completely flat feet (middle of foot touches the ground when standing) or low arches (looks "flat" but middle of foot does not technically touch the ground when standing)? That makes a difference in how you want to take care of your feet.

I have low arches and my feet get fatigued more quickly than most people's I think and my lower back sometimes hurts but I don't do anything to help it at the moment, mostly just ignore it. It hasn't been too much of a problem so far other than occasional soreness. The obvious answer would be to talk to a podiatrist, though, or at least look up a trusted health site for tips and so on.

Last edited: