Anyone from Yorkshire area?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I am a scottish lass- who has recently been made redundant :-( but has decided to use this as an opportunity to relocate where I have always hoped to- to the refrshing air of Yorkshire- maybe Sheffield, Wakefield or York areas.

Needless to say in my panic about finding work, coupled with my social anxiety am feeling very out my depth right now. I have visited the areas and believe this relocation will really help me make a fresh start, however I know very little of the economic climate and am kinda just throwing caution to the wind. I am a genuine, patient and friendly, sociable girl once I find my feet and if I have a few close friends. I just find bigger social situations difficult, but of course someone who appreciates knowing what that is like may be ideal to get to know better.

So here I am guess, going out on a whim posting this- but u never know! Male or female, I just really have felt closed off and isolated here anyway. I need to move on, and to be happy, and I would love to have some like minded friends that I knew perhaps a little, before I take that leap. I guess I won't know unless I try.

Status
Not open for further replies.