Anyone from Toronto??

bentnbroken

Banned
hello fellow toronto student 'phobes. i went to York too and did not enjoy it for much the same reasons as have already been mentioned. I am older now and have finished a couple of degrees. i think i might go to mcgill next year for a graduate degree. this is all because i found that the workplace is even worse than school. if anyone wants to chat please feel free to pm me.

Broken_Memory

(First post!) I've been struggling with anxiety for pretty much all my life, though its really hit me in the last 4 years or so. (I'm 19 now). I am having difficulty with pretty much every area of my life right now, because of social phobia. I have held off going to University (I've always wanted to go to Guelph) for some time now, because I know I wouldn't be able to handle all the new people, as well as keep up with the work load.

nimrodel

Broken_Memory said:
(First post!) I've been struggling with anxiety for pretty much all my life, though its really hit me in the last 4 years or so. (I'm 19 now). I am having difficulty with pretty much every area of my life right now, because of social phobia. I have held off going to University (I've always wanted to go to Guelph) for some time now, because I know I wouldn't be able to handle all the new people, as well as keep up with the work load.

I just turned 19 but my SP really got much worse in the last 4 years too. I am planning on going to York in September, but will try to get some help before then. As it stands now, I can't even jot down a quick note or eat in front of most people, so I know I could never manage going to university. But I think it's important to just push yourself and try your best, that way you can't blame yourself for not trying. And even if goes badly, at least you'll feel good about really putting yourself out there. And who knows, you might have an awesome time and not regret any of it.

prisidio

I'm out in the eastern suburbs (Durham region) but I commute to/from university in Toronto quite frequently.

Hello everyone I am in Toronto as well! :D I am in 3rd year @ Guelph Humber. The anxiety has started to kick in big time just like old times (high school). I don't feel like going to class, I don't want to work, I am wasting time and debt is pilling up :(

Since September I have only finished 3 class :( I enrolled in two more but can't even step into the class room

inner_dwellings

Hi everyone. I live near Toronto..about 45 minutes away or so.

I'm 20, and currently doing nothing with my life, thanks to social anxiety.

anxiety sux

hey people,
im from toronto too. from mississauga to be more precise and suffer from the same problem. i dun even know what exactly i should call it. i have been skipping all my presentations. just the word " presentation" causes pain in my stomach. shaky hands, going out of breath, crazy pain in my stomach, etc etc. can anyone help?

Jegan

Re: anxiety sux

sam_teichmann said:
hey people,
im from toronto too. from mississauga to be more precise and suffer from the same problem. i dun even know what exactly i should call it. i have been skipping all my presentations. just the word " presentation" causes pain in my stomach. shaky hands, going out of breath, crazy pain in my stomach, etc etc. can anyone help?

Hey Sam tichmann.. Im also from toronto..and i suffer from Social anxiety as well.. I use to do the same thing when i was in H.S... I use to skip class,skip presentations.. now im droped out of college.. Because of this stupid anxiety.. Sad man..we have to go thru this.. Life is not fair..life is just not fair.

oh btw im 22.
and my life suckss.

sorry im not very helpfull :evil:

hey jegan,
ive heard that yoga and meditation actually helps. tried it...but never really kept my discipline. should do it n see what happens. shouldnt drop out of college man. go see a doctor and tell him to prescribe you clonazopam. i dunno if uve heard about it yet or not. it really calms u down for like 7-8 hours...i finally did a presentation after taking like 5 of those pills. sounds nuts but i had to do that presentation in order to graduate. it helps..its like being drunk. but im looking for a permanent alternative.

no i actually saw a Psychiatrist cuz doctors didnt know wut the fahq was goin on. blood check n everything else is perfectly fine. i guess im jus fahqed in the head. but yea...clonazapam kinda give u that drunky feeling. but im definately gonna try propranolol. since presentations is my main concern. have u ever actually tried propranolol ZERODAY? im studyin engineering btw.

yea engineering's got presentation man. i go to mc master. im definately gona try that med. so from wut ur sayin...it eliminates shaking and heart beat? i also get that pain in my stomach and chest (heart possibly) when im nervous...i dunno if u know what im talking about....do u think it helps that too? any side effects?

what are u studyin btw...n where?

ye...im in my third year man. hows commerce...heavy shit?

hey....ma freind works at the pharmacy...he told me propranolol is for blood pressure n shit like that. i told him how it really helped you with ur shakyness n stuff like that...i could really need some help with all business since my situation can get pretty darn serious....he told me he has never seen anxiety patients taking that medicine. and that it is only used by blood pressure patients and to avoid heart attack as well. im kinda confused...dunno if i should try it or not. what are the side effects tho???

and "SOCIAL RETAHD" why do u wana live in canada?!?!

hah..u picked commerce jus cuz of that eh? definitely a good decision! i first started realizing that theres something wrong with me when i did my first presentation. id have this ridiculous pain in my stomach n chest, hands would start shaking like crazy n my heart would jus go nuts. and then just knowing that my hands shake in frunt of people made it worse in my all day life. its pretty obvious that its all in my head. it feels like it has weakened my system big time. i wish there was something to make it strong.

no ma friend doesnt work at mac. works at pharmacy in toronto. and i dun live at mac. i commute. wut about u? at mac?

whats ur problem? public speaking? or jus facing people in general...(like me).

man ive seen psychologists and psychiatrists. it has done fahq all. but i c wut u mean. facing your fear over n over again shall help you over come it. that is not the case with me. every time i have done a presentation i has gotten worse n worse for me. i can now do a shitty presentation with clonazopam. but im definately gonna check out the med u told me.

and im doing mechanical engineering btw. u wanna hear something funny? ive wanted to become a psychologist for so long. Don't you think if we were perfectly fine one day...we could help people with mental disorders just because we have been thru it?

i am also starting yoga and meditation soon. i heard it helps alot. it gives u "inner peace" and relaxation which is exactly what we lose control over when we get anxious rite?

and where do u work?