anyone from outside the US

rainstreet

I was curious about medical insurance outside the U.S. I've heard that most other countries have free health care. How does that work? Maybe I'll move to Canada.

lonely_drummer

yeah, come on up! its free here, you may need to pay for things like medications but even then you usually can get fully reimbursed, i know i do. I think its disturbing when health care isnt free, everyone deserves the right to live a healthy life

In the UK the NHS pays for everything to do with healthcare. The NHS is funded by taxpayers, though, so you do pay for it in a way.

rainstreet

Every Dr. I've talked to about the new health care plan here absolutely hates it. I'm guessing that means that they might have to downgrade their lifestyle a little.

rainstreet

I've always loved the UK. Visited england, scotland and wales when i was a teenager. Everything is so green.

dooby-duck

I've always loved the UK. Visited england, scotland and wales when i was a teenager. Everything is so green.

That's because it rains so often:D. I know a few people who moved abroad but came back, one of the reasons was because they missed the greenery. All the trees have been getting their leaves in the past few weeks so it is really green at the moment.

We have to pay national insurance which pays for a lot of our healthcare. Depending on benefit entitlements and age we still have to pay a prescription charges, dental treatment and for glasses/ eye tests.