anyone decided to stay on there meds permanantly??

missjesss

Banned
Ok so I am wondering, I originally was getting panic attacks so I started taking Lexapro and it went well for 8 months then I came off Lexapro for 6 months and I managed well but I noticed when something bad went on in my life the anxiety would slowly creep back and my figiting was alot worse off the meds.. I have recently got back on my tablets and feeling alot better again so my question is if I decide to stay on them will I have to keep upping my dose throughout my life and what are the risks???

panicsurvivor

God not me!!! I hate meds and how they make me feel. Tranquilizers are ok but they are narcotics so I try to limit taking them to once a month or less if possible. But Antidepressents and things like that make me feel like I am tottaly crazy and make my Anxeity worse. If I could ever find a med that actually slows down my body chemistry and heart to prevent the flow of adrenaline permanantly I would be happy to take that forever.

missjesss

Banned
u just havnt found the right anti depressant!! it took me 3 goes, pristiq and effexor made me crazy and made my anxiety worse but lexapro is good its more usefull for depression tho but I find it helps to give me a good and positive attitude which u need to overcome this..and it also helps me to not move around as much and be alot more calmer

Remus

Staff member
God not me!!! I hate meds and how they make me feel. Tranquilizers are ok but they are narcotics so I try to limit taking them to once a month or less if possible. But Antidepressents and things like that make me feel like I am tottaly crazy and make my Anxeity worse. If I could ever find a med that actually slows down my body chemistry and heart to prevent the flow of adrenaline permanantly I would be happy to take that forever.

Ditto, unfortunatly there is no magic pill, the only meds that work wonders, make you pay for it later on. :mad:

I hope one day they do find something that works without the side effects

hoddesdon

How about St John's Wort, Passionflower etc., which have been mentioned elsewhere on this site - they are not chemicals.

missjesss

Banned
oh trust me I have tried it all...all the natural products aswel it was harder to manage but for a while I was going great but then when I broke up with my bf it was creeping back and I was getting depressed and I decided to go back on my tablets again and now im feeling good ive also started seeing a therapist ive had 3 sessions with her so far the third session was good she told me to stop my negative thoughts and beliefs the moment they come in2 my head and correct them and she said to stop judging myself when in public yeh they have come in usefull...

Looking_in105

I think i will stay on SSRI meds for a long time. I've tried getting off them but got really really anxious and the withdrawal symptoms are terrible :(