Anyone Also Go through This?

CHAKRAPOINT

So to start off i am a good looking tall man, and so naturally people tend to think i will be naturally confident,cocky and outgoing so i always feel this pressure to be that when i'm in social situations so i put on an act (which is really mentally draining to pull off) that everything is good with me. So from afar everything looks good and i can see that glow in womens eye's when they see me and that makes me feel good but its only when people come to actually talk to me then they start to see the real me of how awkward,anti-social and unconfident i am and i eventually see that glow in womens eye's slowly fade now saying "what a dissappointment" in their eye's and no longer approach or talk to me.

Last edited:

coyote

pretty much, except the glow only disappears after a couple of years into the relationship

Dreamscape

I can relate to that. I can see females reaction towards me finding me cute and stuff, but after they see "the socially awkward me" they suddenly lose interest, which brings me down and making me lose my self-confidence, so after a while i start to avoid conversations and pretend I'm not interested mood but actually I am!

frlsthx

I'm a girl and I actually prefer not confident/cocky/outgoing guys, but guys like this either change after some time or don't let girls come close.

I can definitely relate. It's hard when you know you could get a date if your mind would just take a break and not freak out when a girl talks to you.

What I try to do is break the ice with them. I'll just walk over and try to say something funny or compliment them without coming off super douchey. I'm more relaxed. Then it's not so awkward when you talk. You become less aware of your insecurities.

But I'm definitely thrown off when a girl approaches me first. You feel like you have to know exactly the right thing to say. But they're probably in the same boat. And if a girl has the courage to come up and flirt then us macho macho guys can too, right? lol

recluse

ive seen average looking guys who have nice girlfriends because they have good social skills and charisma. At the end of the day being good looking is not enough if you are unable to talk to a girl. I get jealous when i see guys who can keep conversations with girls.