Any one else?

anomicdeer

Are there other people who don't talk to their family?

Do you not feel comfortable talking to your family and don't talk to them like you would a stranger or friend? Do you limit how you talk to them? Do you always avoid them?

Do they always mumble about how you're hiding or surprised that you did this or that or said something?

I would like to know there are people like me that exist. It's so annoying that people think "I'm surprised she said something. I'm surprised she's not in her room. I don't have an interest to even talk to them or get to know family so it's not like I'll call them or anything. I don't know if it's worse that I say that or be irritated that I don't talk :/

gustavofring

You're not the only one.

My contact with relatives is really bad. I think in part I don't want to see them because I feel ashamed of how much of a mess my life is.

Quietguy11

I am exactly like this... I feel very uncomfortable and dissociative around my family, but if I can grab a chance to converse with my mom when it's just the two of us I find it's a lot easier. My social skills are terrible, and I don't connect well with my dad or siblings. So really my mom is the only one in my family that I have fairly good conversations with, but that's only if she's in the mood for having a conversation with me or vise versa. I like to think that my mom is understanding toward my problems but when I talk to her about them sometimes she gets stressed out and overwhelmed knowing that I am suffering with this stuff, so I try not to talk about it much. I know that there is an irritation that comes with isolation. Sometimes I need to have a good conversation with someone in order to break away from my shell. My mom thinks that I am completely normal though in most cases, but just not talkative. -_- She doesn't realize that I am not talkative because anxiety keeps me paralyzed and shelled up.