Any ideas?

Beyondshy

I've been trying to do small things to slowly improve my social anxiety like going to the supermarket by myself or paying some money in at the bank. Yesterday I met a couple of friends and had a great day. I was feeling anxious in the morning but the whole afternoon was great and I talked quite a bit. So today I'm feeling good about myself and want to do something to help my social anxiety but I don't know what. I can think of little things like I've been doing before but nothing a bit more challenging. I don't want to waste today as I'm feeling happy! Any ideas at all?

Walk

Dude, plan on having road trips or even just hanging out at the bowling alley near you or w/e w/ your friends.. if you already have friends, try to plan it up, if you can. it's what comes to mind, if i had any....

madmike

Hmmm, starting small. How about... going into town and doing some window shopping. Or going to the supermarket. Really crowded places always made my anxiety really bad, but after prolonged exposure it's almost completely disappeared :) Also, go to the gym, do some swimming, or even better go jogging on the street (not only is it good for you, but you face possible embarrassment of having people look at you in short shorts :D That was always one of my fears, but after doing it for a while i quite like it now. Anyway, have a good day !

Beyondshy

Thanks everyone. Madmike, the thought of me jogging in short shorts made me laugh, thanks for your ideas :D

madmike

Haha, give it a go. I once bumped into a neighbour with short shorts. I think she was more embarrassed than me lol, I couldn't stop laughing about it afterwards. Fun times! :D