Any accountants/financial officers etc?

Mars_S

Hi,

I work in accounting area. Just want to know if someone else works as an accountant or business analytic or in corporate finance?

It would be interesting for me to share experience how you deal in the office, how you manage to go through meetings and so on.

Also there were a couple of times when I was offered to be promoted but I refused (because of SA, didn't want to take more responsibilities)

Thank you and good luck everyone

Waybuloo

I studied in Accounting and Finance. Tried interview for internship, failed miserably and lost confidence applying for big grad jobs. Got offered a grad job at boutique firm and turned down to go overseas due to need to escape. Worked in Finance in insurance for months and couldn't take the bitchiness and pettiness that people projected onto me regarding my quietness. It seemed as though people were so bored with their own jobs (and lives) they had to pick on something unimportant.

It's not so laughable to consider declining a promotional offer, since often you take on more responsibilities, get set appart from your former colleagues, work longer hours, for only a bit more pay. In my eyes, the pay does not justify the additional stress.

When I was in meetings it was too intense and I'd often not concentrate on what was said. I never contributed much either. It was a nightmare.

Sorry I couldn't help. Though congratulations on being offered the promotion numerous times, it just shows what a star performer you are. You probably come across as a real grafter, someone who does the job and does it well. I have been well liked for my work ethic regardless my inability to communicate and it surprised me that management could actually rise above the pettiness their minions seem to be engulfed in day in day out.

Mars_S

I studied in Accounting and Finance. Tried interview for internship, failed miserably and lost confidence applying for big grad jobs. Got offered a grad job at boutique firm and turned down to go overseas due to need to escape. Worked in Finance in insurance for months and couldn't take the bitchiness and pettiness that people projected onto me regarding my quietness. It seemed as though people were so bored with their own jobs (and lives) they had to pick on something unimportant.

It's not so laughable to consider declining a promotional offer, since often you take on more responsibilities, get set appart from your former colleagues, work longer hours, for only a bit more pay. In my eyes, the pay does not justify the additional stress.

When I was in meetings it was too intense and I'd often not concentrate on what was said. I never contributed much either. It was a nightmare.

Sorry I couldn't help. Though congratulations on being offered the promotion numerous times, it just shows what a star performer you are. You probably come across as a real grafter, someone who does the job and does it well. I have been well liked for my work ethic regardless my inability to communicate and it surprised me that management could actually rise above the pettiness their minions seem to be engulfed in day in day out.

Thank you for your reply!!! I appreciate that much. So what are you doing now if it's noe a secret?

I was promoted back in Moscow as I can speak English as well and the financial sphere is growing now in Russia. But SA holds me back. Will see how it goes

It seems there are not many accountants/financial officers here

Thanks again