any 1 from melbourne~ northern suburbs?

Richey

ive never come across any around our way and im yet to admit that i have SP to anyone, even family members because we're not a close family, i find that reading and playing guitar helps distract me from anxiety! also watching films and exercising has helped but i need to put myself out the there more, maybe start going to concerts again and festivals, what about you gg? have you found any support at all?

gg

:arrow: i have a cousin whom im very close to & i told her about my sa. soon after that she went to the uk to visit family. she has been there for close to a year now and i miss her so much as she is a great support to me. she will be back soon tho & she is gonna live with me & help me to get help 4 my sa. i have never been to the doctors about this but i really want to go so i can start to get help.
thanx for your reply. i appreciate it. :)

Richey

Its a pleasure
Oh! and i sooo want to travel to the UK as well, i love everything English! the music and the accents especially, the culture suits me. Your cousin sounds like a true friend.

shovelhead

North east, but don't know of any support groups.. sorry..

Do you have a good local doctor you see and can trust? They should know or could find out about support groups in your area?

There is a psychologist in richmond that does group therapy (which is going to be cheaper than seeing a psychologist one on one)... Could PM me and I can give you the details, probably shouldn't post on open forum, a bit too much like advertising (though I have no connection to her)...

gg

:arrow: hi, im from glenroy. but i grew up in coburg. we are so close yet so far. lol

immetoo

hi ,

I'm north east suburbs-Balwyn area.
I would love to met up with someone or talk with someone with this problem. Some days i can just get away with it others it is all consuming.

annie

immetoo said:
hi ,

I'm north east suburbs-Balwyn area.
I would love to met up with someone or talk with someone with this problem. Some days i can just get away with it others it is all consuming.

Hi immetoo,

ADAVIC has support groups with people suffering from social anxiety and general anxiety disorders. You might want to go along to one of the support groups, they meet weekly every Monday evening in Kew, which is not far from the Balwyn area.
More information have look at www.adavic.org.au
I know it is hard for someone to go along to these kind of groups, but just remember everyone is there for the same reason and apart from the facilitators the members who attend are little anxious. However, once you go a couple of times you really feel more comfortable and look forward to a meeting each week. The meetings are pretty low key, not structured in any particular way, it is basically a place where people can go and talk about their issues without feeling they are being judged.

annie :D