Anxiety transference

I'm totally frustrated this evening. Does this happen to anyone else? I get over one aspect of my anxiety, but it's like it just transfers over to something else, and I get really bad anxiety about something I wasn't anxious about at all before.

When my anxiety started a few years ago, it was generalised anxiety about having a panic attack. Then when I got worse it was agoraphobia and I had trouble leaving my house etc. But that was before I was getting therapy and recovering. Now it's like, I deal with my problems, and I face the anxiety and all my issues, way back as far as childhood crap, and do all this good work on something, and it starts to get better. Woohoo! Until I suddenly start getting anxiety about something I haven't been anxious about before and I have to start the WHOLE process over again with that. When I got over my agoraphobia a bit, I had social phobia. And so on to different things. At the minute I'm afraid of being on my own, without any of my 'safe' people around. And this one has been getting worse and worse, and I think I'm going to have to spend the whole day alone tomorrow and I'm TERRIFIED about it. ::(:

Does anyone have any experience of this? How did you deal with it? Also, how to I deal with being anxious of being on my own? It's something I'm really struggling with, more so than the other things that have come up for me that I've been able to face gradually. Argh, I'm so frustrated and worried! :mad:

Klaus

I'm totally frustrated this evening. Does this happen to anyone else? I get over one aspect of my anxiety, but it's like it just transfers over to something else, and I get really bad anxiety about something I wasn't anxious about at all before.

When my anxiety started a few years ago, it was generalised anxiety about having a panic attack. Then when I got worse it was agoraphobia and I had trouble leaving my house etc. But that was before I was getting therapy and recovering. Now it's like, I deal with my problems, and I face the anxiety and all my issues, way back as far as childhood crap, and do all this good work on something, and it starts to get better. Woohoo! Until I suddenly start getting anxiety about something I haven't been anxious about before and I have to start the WHOLE process over again with that. When I got over my agoraphobia a bit, I had social phobia. And so on to different things. At the minute I'm afraid of being on my own, without any of my 'safe' people around. And this one has been getting worse and worse, and I think I'm going to have to spend the whole day alone tomorrow and I'm TERRIFIED about it. ::(:

Does anyone have any experience of this? How did you deal with it? Also, how to I deal with being anxious of being on my own? It's something I'm really struggling with, more so than the other things that have come up for me that I've been able to face gradually. Argh, I'm so frustrated and worried! :mad:

I think the most important thing we should never lose is hope about better days.

I get frustrated very often. I'm frustrated now. But what can I do?
I will not kill myself. And I'm sure you won't do that too.
So we are "trapped".

I somehow get used to frustration, when I'm doing something and I think I did a terrible job due to Social Phobia, I try not to be so hard on myself and see that some day I will be better and if not, at least I tried and fought a good fight.

Are you afraid of being alone at home or at the streets?
I used to be afraid of being on my own at home at night when I was like 14, because I used to live at a very old house. And the only thing that really helped me was music. I used to put songs that would inspire me to deal with fear. But I'm not sure if this is your problem.

Keep fighting!

Hey klaus, yeah being at home is my problem more than being alone out somewhere. I just feel really isolated I guess when I'm at home. But that's a good idea about putting on music that makes me feel good! And I think listening to the radio helps a lot as well, maybe I'll put on a talk show and distract myself with that. Well I have one day over and I did ok, I spent the day in college so that helped me avoid being at home, but I should try and face the anxiety little by little I guess.

I know what you mean about the frustration. I'm usually pretty easy on myself and try not to get annoyed at myself for anything I don't achieve or whatever, I guess I just had a day where I let the worry get to me, but I'm moving out of that now and I'll start again :D Thanks! :)