anxiety remedies

susieq

Has anyone tried any natural remedies for anxiety?
By that I mean not medication prescribed by a doctor.
And only legal things haha

Quietguy11

Anxiety can be reduced by getting the flow of blood pumping throughout your body. Usually jumping up and down on the spot with both hands to your side can really elevate anxiety a lot. Also any type of physical exercise can do the same thing. Sometimes all it takes is a change of environment. Sometimes I find I am really anxious in certain social settings but when I am no longer in that environment (usually if I am in a comfort zone) the anxiety goes away completely. Also mental exercises can reduce mental anxiety. For me I watch anime a lot in Japanese with English Subtitles. By constantly watching and reading I am occupying my mind on something which in turn takes away from the anxiety. That is just a few things that can help reduce or even take away anxiety.

susieq

Thanks quiet guy. I have noticed I feel a bit more relaxed if I exercise too, and have lots of things I use for distraction. I'm going to be in some social situations soon where returning to my comfort zone isn't going to be an option so I'm trying to find things that will help me get through it. Thanks for your ideas :)