Anxiety Relapse

chris11

How many of you have gone through treatment for your anxiety, though you succeeded, and then found out some time later that it wasn't as successful as you thought?

I am one of these people.

sullyS25

If you define success as never having anxiety again, I'm afraid you are destined to fail. I don't understand the relapse thing in regards to anxiety.

You can certainly learn ways to cope with anxiety and manage it when it comes but to do away with it completely just seems like fighting a battle you cant win. I think it is all about accepting that it is there and taking the actions you have learned through treatment to relieve it such as breathing techniques or whatever other techniques you have learned.

I think it is a slippery slope to define success by the amount of anxiety you are having in a day/week/month/year because then when you feel it, you tell yourself you shouldnt be feeling it and it just keeps the cycle going. When I beat myself up for feeling anxious, I feel more anxious! When I accept that I am feeling anxious and do what has helped me in the past to relieve the feelings, I find much more success.