Anxiety procrastination

Argentum

Even though things have been improving, one thing I notice is that I'll still procrastinate on making phone calls or appointments. I keep saying that I'm not feeling well enough to face it, and will do it next week. For the most part I can suck it up and get it done at this point, but sometimes it's a major event that turns out to be draining for me.

Has anyone found tips for this?

I have that same problem. All I do is remind myself that it has to get done, and I might as well not waste my time and just do it. If I don't spend days dreading it, it seems to go better overall.

Sacrament

Doing things that need to be done right away gives you an immediate sense of relief, not only because you didn't allow yourself to spend days dreading something, but also because the thing you were dreading could just as well have an even more positive outcome than you could have imagined. Not only that, but because you don't have to worry about it anymore, you can focus your time and attention on other, necessary things.

Argentum

Doing things that need to be done right away gives you an immediate sense of relief, not only because you didn't allow yourself to spend days dreading something, but also because the thing you were dreading could just as well have an even more positive outcome than you could have imagined. Not only that, but because you don't have to worry about it anymore, you can focus your time and attention on other, necessary things.

Not that I've stopped or anything, but this one has been a big motivator in some cases. Whatever I'm avoiding tends to eat away at my focus in the back of my mind, and the longer it goes the bigger it seems.