Anxiety messing my energy up or something else?

michael122

Hi guys.

I get hungry fast, even after a big meal. I think I'm putting on weight because I eat so much. I don't eat simply because I want to, I eat because I feel hungry and I get unpleasant symptoms like feeling that my body is shaking, light headiness and a hunger/burning feeling in my stomach. I don't know if it's all in my head or if it's a legit problem with me.

This has been happening for about 12 months now, I went to my doctor about it because I had anxiety that I may have been diabetic or something. He said it was the anxiety causing it and I shouldn't worry about it.

I did some researching around and I don't know if it could just be my diet that makes me feel hungry a lot. The majority of food I eat is pretty much junk food. I do try to eat a lot of whole grain though, in the day for example, if I feel hungry I'll tend to eat a sandwich, usually with brown bread.

I don't seem to be balancing my food out though, I'll eat fruit/veg now and then and i'm trying to drink more water.

Could these symptoms I'm having just be down to a poor diet or could their be something medical wise?

What foods are the best to keep you feeling full for as long as possible?

Thanks

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Try to eat smaller meals throughout the day. Whole grains, complex carbs, nuts, veggies. Yes can be boring, lower your sugar and sodium intake and plenty of water. And... dare I say even caffeine. I don't think I can do without caffeine myself tho. At least coffee. =/

Diet definitely effects your energy and mood, but could be medical too.