Anxiety & Dating?

Wanderlust

So this guy that I work with asked me out on a date through my voice mail the other night and I didn't know how to respond. So I just didn't. It's not that I'm not interested, it's just in no way, shape or form could I be in a relationship with my S.A the way it is. I feel really bad though for just not responding but I can't exactly tell him "It's not you, it's just that I have this crazy anxiety about blah blah blah & so on and so forth..." How would you guys get out of this situation without hurting his feelings and without sounding like a nut case?

B

Beatrice

Perhaps lie to him about having a boyfriend?

I don't think that's a good idea. When you lie, you open up a whole new set of problems, the number one being that sometimes you have to make sure to make your life consistent with that lie, or they'll know you're lying.

Maybe you should just tell him you're concentrating on other things right now and do not wish to be in a relationship at the moment.

Minty

Just tell him you're not in the right place to date right now. Your focus is on other things. He'll assume you're talking about school, work, etc.

^ yep thats what I do.

i made a pledge to not date for 5 years, so I just tell guys that....I only have two more years though, don't know what to do after that....

date i guess

So this guy that I work with asked me out on a date through my voice mail the other night and I didn't know how to respond. So I just didn't. It's not that I'm not interested, it's just in no way, shape or form could I be in a relationship with my S.A the way it is. I feel really bad though for just not responding but I can't exactly tell him "It's not you, it's just that I have this crazy anxiety about blah blah blah & so on and so forth..." How would you guys get out of this situation without hurting his feelings and without sounding like a nut case?

Its not what you're asking but you could say "i have anxiety problems and I find it hard to blah blah blah, but if you're still interested..."

R3K

text him this: For personal reasons, I'm not looking to get into any relationships right now, sorry for the delay in responding.

Error

Whatever you do, just answer the guy. I hate when girls do not reply. It's better to reject him, than ignoring him. Males also have feelings, ok? (Unless is a super playboy who does not give a damn...)