antipsychotics

vexatiousmind

I have been thinking about asking my doctor to put me on a very low dose anti-psychotic. When I go out in public, I feel like everyone is talking about me, staring at me, etc. I have other completely irrational thoughts, but I do not think I am schizophrenic.

Anyway, just wanted to know if anyone has tried anti-psychotics. If you have, please tell me about your experience with them. If they helped, hurt, or made no difference.

Side note: I have read a lot of post in spw about how medicine is a waste of time, and it is bad or w.e. I don't want opinions, I want personal experiences with these types of meds.

Davevanza

I have been thinking about asking my doctor to put me on a very low dose anti-psychotic. When I go out in public, I feel like everyone is talking about me, staring at me, etc. I have other completely irrational thoughts, but I do not think I am schizophrenic.

Anyway, just wanted to know if anyone has tried anti-psychotics. If you have, please tell me about your experience with them. If they helped, hurt, or made no difference.

Side note: I have read a lot of post in spw about how medicine is a waste of time, and it is bad or w.e. I don't want opinions, I want personal experiences with these types of meds.

Back in 98 I was on Zyprexa 5mg daily.
So 1 day, when my mum and family driving a car, in the middle of the road, my eyes suddenly rolled upwards. It was a frightening things. And I gained 10kg on it..
Every day, I just felt restless while on Zyprexa.

Then, i was changed to Risperdal 2mg.
This, is , I think the worst meds i ve ever taken.
Straight by my 1st dose, I got muscle spasm, I cried, and almost hit my head on the wall. I just stop it. and told the psychiatrist during the next appointment.

Then i was changed to Seroquel 100mg.
I still remembered, the nite I took it, I felt really sedated, I think it;s the most sedating things i've ever tried. I tried Unisom. Benadryl. It is nothing compared to seroquel.
My psychiatrist upped my dose to 400mg. But i refused.
By the irst dose, i took, I developed dry mouth, and always...( always... woke up 5 hours later looking for sweet food, carbs food)
And while on it, By the time the meds was working ( a
30-40minutes) I always got restless leg syndrome.

I felt really sedated, yet my feet were restless.
So It was kind of torturing to me.

But my psychiatrist convinced me, it was only a small dose. other of his patients even taking up to 400mg - 800mg.

So Got no choice. I took it since 2005-2008, when i went to the Cardiologist, had a a check up, he said i got Mitral heart prolapsed cause by it.

So i told my psychiatrist, and he changed it to Mirtazapine. an antidepressant.

My previous Psychiatrist, diagnosed me as having OCD, Schizzo affective disorder.

But my GP was not convinced, and she referred to my current Psychiatrist. and his diagnosed is more accurate. I actually have Panic Disorder, Anxiety, and slight-mild depression.

Even, My current psychiatrist now doesn't want to put me on any antipsychotic.

Kind regards,
Dave

Davevanza

Back in 98 I was on Zyprexa 5mg daily.
So 1 day, when my mum and family driving a car, in the middle of the road, my eyes suddenly rolled upwards. It was a frightening things. And I gained 10kg on it..
Every day, I just felt restless while on Zyprexa.

Then, i was changed to Risperdal 2mg.
This, is , I think the worst meds i ve ever taken.
Straight by my 1st dose, I got muscle spasm, I cried, and almost hit my head on the wall. I just stop it. and told the psychiatrist during the next appointment.

Then i was changed to Seroquel 100mg.
I still remembered, the nite I took it, I felt really sedated, I think it;s the most sedating things i've ever tried. I tried Unisom. Benadryl. It is nothing compared to seroquel.
My psychiatrist upped my dose to 400mg. But i refused.
By the irst dose, i took, I developed dry mouth, and always...( always... woke up 5 hours later looking for sweet food, carbs food)
And while on it, By the time the meds was working ( a
30-40minutes) I always got restless leg syndrome.

I felt really sedated, yet my feet were restless.
So It was kind of torturing to me.

But my psychiatrist convinced me, it was only a small dose. other of his patients even taking up to 400mg - 800mg.

So Got no choice. I took it since 2005-2008, when i went to the Cardiologist, had a a check up, he said i got Mitral heart prolapsed cause by it.

So i told my psychiatrist, and he changed it to Mirtazapine. an antidepressant.

My previous Psychiatrist, diagnosed me as having OCD, Schizzo affective disorder.

But my GP was not convinced, and she referred to my current Psychiatrist. and his diagnosed is more accurate. I actually have Panic Disorder, Anxiety, and slight-mild depression.

Even, My current psychiatrist now doesn't want to put me on any antipsychotic.

Kind regards,
Dave