Antihistamines - My Breakthrough

Stuckwithme

Stuckwithme you are hilarious - you still on like you are 100% right, ignoring information saying the opposite and not giving any references.

I have seen your posts in other threads as well, and everywhere people get pissed off because of your attitude.

In real life, people that jump to conclusions by wrong facts, downplaying other's problems, and tell other people how this and that remedy work without even having tried it himself, is netiher liked nor taken serious.

It's just the same on internet forums.

You have to come out of your little bubble into the real world because you are making up conclusions that are not even true and you sit there and judge me for thinking I am right, when you are acting even worse. It's sort of pathetic. No wonder your problems got such a tight grip around you. You are probably very good in convicing yourself that all the ghosts in your head are true.

You seem to be very detached from the rest of the people on this forum. Are you sure you are hanging in the right place? I mean, I've seen your posts all over the internet and you seem quite confused about your own condition. No wonder you have trouble setting the facts straight.

You have proven to all of us that you know nothing about how Inderal works, nor Clonidine and while you claim that it goes to the core of curing blushing in itself everyone who knows anything about medicine and anatomy know that it is not true in any way. All it does is lower the amount of anxiety that a pouning heart is causing. It is still possible to blush as you did without it. You also claim that ETS "cures" blushing, yet most reports on the internet say's people who got the treatment for blushing are mostly dissatisifed and that blushing most often comes back full force. Some might be happy for a year or two but then the honeymoon is over. It's t he same with beta blockers - the heart is not pounding like crazy so they feel calmer meaning less blushing. But then they have another blushing episode and the safety is gone. Like I said, belief is a powerful thing. ETS makes people feel like zombies, of course they are not going to worry about blushing when their heart beat has gone down with 10-20 beats. It's not a cure for blushing, it's bulls*it. It's like shaving a dog and claim you have cured it's hair problems. First of all, the dog needs the hair and second of all, the hair problem is bound to grow back. It's not a solution, it's a temporary go around and when the dog is naked, the least of its problem is thinking about the hair, but how to keep from freezing.

You also claim that blushing is something abnormal and that it must be something wrong with people who blush. That's like pouring water on the problem, making people even sicker. Your claims are bulls*it. You can say there is something wrong with yourself, which seems to be the case, but don't enforce it on others. You saw the reports I posted in my last post. Blushing can actually "grow" into a psychological problem even if somebody just points out the blushing at a bad occasion. But you will never understand because you are sooo special. Also, the biggest problem people have is the "fear" of blushing, that is even the name of the phobia itself. The problem lies in being afraid of blushing. Blushing in itself is not a problem.

Seriously, haven't you made an ass of yourself enough all ready? Or are you going to keep pounding your head against the wall like a 10 year old all your life and never get anywhere?

grimaldi

Please leave out from the discussion things like my personal problems, how far I will get in life and if I am a ass or not. Because 1) It is not relevant for the discussion 2) You don't know my occupation, my age, my name or even where I live.

I will not lower myself to your level and attack your persona, but instead stick to the point by listing a couple of quotes from you in this thread:

1) "I have talked to Teleranta regarding EST or whatever the operation is called and he told me the surgery mainly helps for flushing, not so effective for blushing."

2) "Please, go ahead and mail Teleranta yourself and ask about ETS. He will be honest and tell you it wont help against blushing because everyone is prone to blush and everyone is born that way."

3) "I hear you, but I honestly don't think you can "cure" blushing with medicines because everyone is prone to blush."

4) "I would say you can't cure blushing physically only mentally because it is a perfectly normal body function."

5) "Most people who suffer from blushing phobia has developed it because something in their lives happened to make them fear it. A situation when they blushed or whatever. This along with the fact that they are easily stressed makes them more prone to blushing."

6) "The operation doesnt cure anything because there is nothing to cure. Blushing is a normal reaction."

No 1 and 2 is outright wrong in fact, since there is for everyone to read on this link: Privatix how Telaranta says "As a blusher of any of the above types, you will benefit significantly from EBS."

This doesn't mean I believe Telaranta's claims of course, as I have said before, I do not think ETS is a good solution to anything, since the side effects are potentially too dangerous. But what you said is wrong - because blushing can be taken away from ETS by a trade-off for even worse side effects.

Then no 3-6 I do not agree, and since the medical world is not sure what causes blushing, I ask you for references on your beliefs since you seem to be so sure about them. Can I ask you that without you having a go at me and calling me stupid names??

Moreover: I know very well how Inderal works, it's there to read on the web for everyone, and I read it throughly of course, since I have been using Inderal on and off at social occasions and presentations for years.

Moreover: Yes, you have seen my posts on other forum and Yes, I am confused about my condition. i think most of us with those problems are.

Moreover: If you have a problem, wether it's blushing or alcoholism, it doesn't help not calling it a problem. Salvation or relief from a problem is more effective once one have admitted to himself that blushing is a problem.

If not, those forums shouldn't be full of people try to find a solution to it.

Pilt

Did you make it a point to come here and shoot down every light of hope, Stuckwithme?

"You can't go around all life drugged out."

Extremely irritationg to read people saying stuff like this. Because you say so, then that's law. F*** off. If it's helped even one person improve their life then it's worth to tell others about.

"You seem to be very detached from the rest of the people on this forum."

I'm afraid that's you, "mate".

"Obviously I am dealing with someone who has too much time on his hands. My advice is, go out and meet people and stop obsessing about your red face and the problem will become less severe because the way you obsess about it, no wonder it becomes a problem.

Like I said, in the end it is all in your head. You choose to be the victim. Blushing doesn't kill you. And by the way, sweating is a different thing and you can't compare it to blushing. There are many people who do not suffer from HH who still blush and vice versa.

It is time to wake up and smell the coffey."

If I could somehow reach you I'd slap you so hard across the face.

Stuckwithme

Please leave out from the discussion things like my personal problems, how far I will get in life and if I am a ass or not. Because 1) It is not relevant for the discussion 2) You don't know my occupation, my age, my name or even where I live.

You mean it is more relevant for you to tell us all that my posts are bulls*it?

I will not lower myself to your level and attack your persona, but instead stick to the point by listing a couple of quotes from you in this thread:

How convenient to put yourself on a pedistal when you were the one acting like a child to begin with. Who do you think you are, the master of this forum?

No 1 and 2 is outright wrong in fact, since there is for everyone to read on this link: Privatix how Telaranta says "As a blusher of any of the above types, you will benefit significantly from EBS."

Oh really? So you are telling me I am laying regarding the information I received from Teleranta personally? You must seriously be one of the most naive people I have ever had a discussion with. Don't you understand that this is a person who will tell you anything you want to hear? He knew he could make money of my HH, so it wasn't necessary to lie about blushing. Are you telling me that all those people on "truthaboutets.com" are lying? It isn't a cure. Do you even understand the meaning of the word "cure"? It seems to me that you don't. Cutting nerves is no cure, it's a go around solution that is obviously quite temporary, even if it can last for years.

If it truly was a cure I am quite convinced the scientists would go "aha, there lies the source, now all we have to do is block the signal from that exact nerve". In reality they know that blocking it out, blocks out life and doesn't really cure blushing, but accidently cures too many necessary factors. It's like chopping of the head and say "see, he doesn't blush". That works too. Morons.

This doesn't mean I believe Telaranta's claims of course, as I have said before, I do not think ETS is a good solution to anything, since the side effects are potentially too dangerous. But what you said is wrong - because blushing can be taken away from ETS by a trade-off for even worse side effects.

Like I have told you a thousand times, which you are absolutely in denial about, is that the effect is pretty much like a betablocker, only a betablocker isn't strong enough and doesn't block the whole stress level. I discussed this with a doctor today and that is exactly what he told me, but of course we should trust your naive view of things more. Don't you see, if you were never stressed, then you would never blush, because it is a stress related reaction. If you blush on your own in your little basment than that is not typical blushing we are talking about. You most likely suffer from something else and I will come to that.

For the third time now, ETS is not very effective against blushing, go ahead and ask the ones that have been trough it, and the problem is bound to come back because sooner or later the stress signals will find new ways to reach the heart. The blood is still there in your face, all it is waiting for is the signal to dilate.

Then no 3-6 I do not agree, and since the medical world is not sure what causes blushing, I ask you for references on your beliefs since you seem to be so sure about them. Can I ask you that without you having a go at me and calling me stupid names??

YOU don't know, people who know anatomy and medicine know exactly what happens when you blush. It all originates from the sympathetic nervous system which you cannot control. It sends stress signals for you to begin sweating and blushing. Those are reactions from our time as apes. We need to become wet in the hands to escape and climbe trees. Blood rushes (vasodliation) to your face so the brain will have enough blood to be able to think and react fast. It's all in the fight and flight. Everyone has it, if not you are not a human.

YOUR blushing might not be human. I don't know since you refuse to agree with the standards of blushing. You need to stop enforcing your own personal problems on everyone else. Go check if you suffer from early stages of rocaea because you seem to be unable to relate to normal blushing.

I am sharing too much knowledge with you, which you don't deserve. I should just let you remain ignorant and make an ass of yourself. That is what you deserve.

Moreover: I know very well how Inderal works, it's there to read on the web for everyone, and I read it throughly of course, since I have been using Inderal on and off at social occasions and presentations for years.

No, I don't think you really do. Your arguments make you come across as extremly ignorant.

Moreover: Yes, you have seen my posts on other forum and Yes, I am confused about my condition. i think most of us with those problems are.

Exactly YOU are confused, don't enforce it on everyone else. Don't drag others down with you. Your confusion is very obvious in your way of argumenting. I respond because I think maybe someone can make you understand, but you seem to be a lost case. I know more than you do about cardiology and the sympathetic nervous system, I am sure of this and I have probably tried more medicines than you can even count and still you refuse to take other peoples advice, because you are too damn dumb for your own good.

Moreover: If you have a problem, wether it's blushing or alcoholism, it doesn't help not calling it a problem. Salvation or relief from a problem is more effective once one have admitted to himself that blushing is a problem.

I never said it was wrong to call it a problem, I said it is the fear of blushing that is the problem not the actual blushing. Please try to understand what people are writing instread of making up your own conclusions. Also, I am convinced that primadonnas like yourself actually make it worse. Instread of sitting here and bitch and feeling sorry for yourself, do something about it. Do what I did, try medicines and talk to doctors, share your knowlegde. You are just a waste of time on this forum. You only make people feel worse.

If not, those forums shouldn't be full of people try to find a solution to it.

You are not one of them.

Stuckwithme

Did you make it a point to come here and shoot down every light of hope, Stuckwithme?

"You can't go around all life drugged out."

Extremely irritationg to read people saying stuff like this. Because you say so, then that's law. F*** off. If it's helped even one person improve their life then it's worth to tell others about.

"You seem to be very detached from the rest of the people on this forum."

I'm afraid that's you, "mate".

"Obviously I am dealing with someone who has too much time on his hands. My advice is, go out and meet people and stop obsessing about your red face and the problem will become less severe because the way you obsess about it, no wonder it becomes a problem.

Like I said, in the end it is all in your head. You choose to be the victim. Blushing doesn't kill you. And by the way, sweating is a different thing and you can't compare it to blushing. There are many people who do not suffer from HH who still blush and vice versa.

It is time to wake up and smell the coffey."

If I could somehow reach you I'd slap you so hard across the face.

Oh lord, here comes grimaldis other alias. ;)

Stuckwithme

What makes you think grimaldi needs your help? Are you all so weak you cannot even fight your own battles? I came here to share my knowledge regarding HH and facial blushing and I have a lot to share because of all the medicine I have studied and own experiences with medicines. Just today I talked to a professor regarding the sympathetic nervous system, anatomy, cardiology and cns, which I was going to share here and he tipped me about two medicines that might work well, but right now I feel "fu*k it, these people don't deserve it". You might as well keep experimenting with your antihistamines and natural pills that work so great for you and sit here all your life all miserable and depressed. You seem to be way too sensetive and lacking in managing normal socal interaction.

I don't feel like helping any of you. Congratulations grimaldi and pilt you fools. You just ruined it for everyone. With your attitudes, people with real knowledge of things will never help you out. You seem to deserve to be alone and miserable. You ever stopped to wonder why you are in this situation?

I'm sure though there are a lot of decent people on here and if you really want to exchange information, send me a PM and we'll talk.

Last edited:

Stuckwithme

Stuckwithme - no one is interested in your attitude, or your help.

Judging by the amount of PM:s I have received in this short time, I would say you are wrong. It also goes to show you and your friend made yourself look like fools. Interesting to see you actually take pride in this and also interesting to see that an oversensative, insecure little person like yourself, also can suffer from megalomania and take the freedom to speak for the entire community.

I have looked through your posts here and on other places and you obviously have done absolutely nothing to help the community. All you ever did was try stuff that others have already tried. You take, but you don't give and then you have the guts to sit here and act like you are the king here. You are nothing. You're a disgrace to your fellow sufferers. You are loud and taking up space, but you are totally worthless to others. You make people lose interest in the community. If you really cared, which you try to come across as, you wouldn't continue throwing crap here with your friend. You don't care about anything but yourself. You are too damn proud for your own good. Doesn't take a psychologist to figure it out.

If you read my posts here and on ESFB you can actually see that I am going through a whole bunch of medicine that I help trying out and evalute it's effect. Not only by myself, but with others. I also share my knowledge of medicine and anatomy and my experience with Botox (I know one of the most prominent doctors when it comes to HH). What do you do? Sit on your ass and argument like a spoiled little brat.

Everyone should know, that because of you and your friend, I am not going to share my knowledge here anymore because people like you don't deserve it. I will however keep argumenting with you because you are in desperate need of attention and it will eventually also make people here realize that you are not so clever as they might have been fooled into thinking. So keep it coming.

Last edited:

SoldierOn

Right, firstly I'm glad to see this thread has generated some hot debate! And secondly I have some answers as promised and the good news is it STILL WORKS!

The antihistamine I took is called Equate, and it wasn't bought in Tesco, but in the USA. The capsules are 25mg and the generic name is Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride. I've not managed to get hold of more of the exact ones I took but have found out that this drug is the contents of another well known OTC brand name drug which can be purchased in the UK - Nytol. This is a seep aid if you didn't know. I purchased Nytol one a night which are 50mg Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, and for a period of 3-4 hours after I taking one tablet, I didn't blush in several situations where I normally would. I'm talking at work, social events etc. Also with this dosage I only felt a slight bit of drowsiness, but was able to do my job just as well as usual, and after a few hours took another dose which again worked well. No blushing.

Prior to finding out what I had taken I experimented with other non-drowsy antihistamines such as loratazine (Galpharm) which appeared to do nothing for me in terms of blushing. They had no effect.

I don't know why this works and I don't care at the minute, I just know it does.

I've also found out that another product that contains this drug is Benadryl Skin Allergy Relief Cream, which is applied to the face and is marketed as providing relief from the itching and discomfort caused by bites, stings, shingles, minor skin irritations, and sunburn. Has anyone tried this? It's next on my shopping list. If this drug works orally for me, then it may work just as well or even better if applied directly to the target area, the face. The results of this may help explain whether of not it's purely down to the drowsiness, or slightly spaced out feeling the tablets give me. I honestly don't think it is though at this stage in my trials. As I said, I don't feel drowsy, and in fact the second tablet had next to no drowsy effect whatsoever.

Hopefully others will try this out (carefully) as I have no doubt this will work for some. I believe I have found something. I'll keep you all updated when I make more progress. Cheers.

Stuckwithme

Are you suffering from flushing or just normal blushing? There's a big difference. I don't think antihistamines would work for blushing but might for flushing.

Luthien

when I first started having problems with SA, I saw a NP and she prescribed me antihistamines. The reason they help is not because of what they are designed for, it's because of the side effect, which is the drowsiness. Anything that can make you drowsy will bring down your anxiety as well, and if you're very anxious you'll just come down a bit instead of getting really sleepy.

I personally don't like them. I stopped taking them because I really just felt like I was on drugs all the time. I don't want to be numb and out of it. I want to be normal! And the only way to get there is to work on what is causing your anxiety. I don't know much about blushing and flushing, but I assume that with a homeopathic treatment and a lot of introspection and therapy you could work through it, at least to get to a place where you don't care if it happens anymore. But the only way to get there is to work through the cause of your anxiety, not to mask it with drugs and alcohol.

Stuckwithme

Yeah I agree. It's no cure to live your life like a zombie. I said it before, but I got critizied for this opinion. Only on this forum though.

If you numb yourself with meds it will never in a million years fix the problem because you hide from it. You don't deal with it. The problem with blushing, and I have said it before, is not the blushing itself, but how you deal with it. It all stems from low self esteem. By numbing yourself and taking drugs, it's like saying "it's not okay to blush" and so the negative circle continues.

Anyway. It can still be interesting to discuss medicines. Personally I think the drowsiness part is the main thing in keeping the blushing at bay. I also said it before here, but got critizised again. Of course, if you feel numb, tired and sedated you won't bother as much with blushing.

BUT, there might also be something with the vasoconstrictor effect. I am not sure. Does anyone know if 2nd generation anithistamines like Ebastine also work as a vasodistrictor as the old ones do like Benadryl? If so, then the new ones should be as effective.

Thing is that 1st generation antihistamine cause vasoconstriction and this might raise blood pressure significantly over time. I've read about people going from 110/70 to 140/90. That's a big difference. Imagine if your blood pressure is already elevated. Not good.

But I am quite sure it's not a cure more so than Inderal for example, because if it was there would be more talk about it by now. People have been trying antihistamines for some years now against blushing and flushing, just look at the rocaea communities.