Antidepressants

I've heard that antidepressants can really help people with SA and I would like to give them a try. I am a little concerned that these types of medications may increase depression and suicidal thoughts though. Also, I'm under the age of 18 and I'm wondering if a doctor will even prescribe me this type of medication. Has anyone here under the age of 18 been prescribed antidepressants? Were they successful at treating your SA/Depression?

Last edited:

Lexmark

Doctors luv handing them out
the waiting room is full of effexor pens or wateva
I know it has helped people with SA so its worth a shot
personally didnt do anything for me

NothingElseMatters

I've heard that antidepressants can really help people with SA and I would like to give them a try. I am a little concerned that these types of medications may increase depression and suicidal thoughts though. Also, I'm under the age of 18 and I'm wondering if a doctor will even prescribe me this type of medication. Has anyone here under the age of 18 been prescribed antidepressants? Were they successful at treating your SA/Depression?

i would like to try antidepressamts but i'm afraid that i will become addicted to them and cause more trouble.i dont know though...i mean you here staff from a lot of ppl,some helped them ,some didn,some become addicted but u'll never really know till u try

Noca

Banned
i would like to try antidepressamts but i'm afraid that i will become addicted to them and cause more trouble.i dont know though...i mean you here staff from a lot of ppl,some helped them ,some didn,some become addicted but u'll never really know till u try

Anti-depressants have next to NO chance of ever causing addiction.

wo.

I've been on prozac for about 4 months and my social anxiety has noticeably lessened during this period. It's hard to tell how much affect the anti-depressants have had, because I've been making decent progress on social anxiety by myself without drugs/therapy for a few years now. However I do think the meds have had some part in it for my latest bit of progress. Good luck! :)

FOR REAL

Banned
Doctors luv handing them out
the waiting room is full of effexor pens or wateva
I know it has helped people with SA so its worth a shot
personally didnt do anything for me

i agree, doctors do love handing them out (they must get a bonus at the end of the month) lol
BE CAREFULL OF PROZAC(Fluoxetine) and Paroxetine(seroxat), they could make you feel a lot WORSE, but in saying that they might make you feel a lot happier
i would never take prozac ever again, but it seems to work for Ozzy Osbourne!

ive been told by lots of docs here(uk) that 'Citalopram' is the best one cause it has no "mental" effects

you might get sickness to start with, and really sleepy, but it goes away

anyway im not a doctor, which is good, cause if i was, i would have to get out my bed and go to work soon!!!

Noca

Banned
They are no God send but they certainly lessen the pain, which really doesnt matter to me because i have plenty of pain left and enough to go around.

Mokkat

I dont care how they work, as long as they work :)
Ive been on zoloft for 2 months now and it has helped alot with my SA