Answering the telephone

lilmutegirl

I have always hating answering the phone and calling people. I've gotten better over the years, though, but only if I expect the call and know the person. I like that I can see who's calling now, so I don't have to worry about talking to somebody I don't know and not being prepared. I have to answer the phone at work, and I'm surprised at how comfortable I am doing it.

truffleshuffle

I don;t like talking on the phone. I have actualy got rid of my home phone and only use my cell. I usualy keep my calls short as possible. Unless its family or friends and even then sometimes

truffleshuffle

I don't have a cell and don't want one. Just a home phone and I talk to basically my ex in NY who is basically my only friend and me hers. Its nice to have at least one person to talk to sometimes.
It is nice to have someone to talk to. I didn;t need a home phone the only calls I got on it were from telamarketers.

aNOTfox

answering the phone is a big deal for me. I'm probably one of the only teenagers that doesn't have a mobile because of this.

Mostly I will just ignore the house phone but when I occastionally push myself to talk I freeze, my mind goes blank, I stutter and hold my breath. All together I feel like a robot on the phone (Giving one word answers doesn't help either xD).
I think the more phone calls you make the more relaxed you will be with the phone. I found that recently, I've had to start calling shops to enquire about job vacancies- at first it was terrifying but I'm getting pretty used to it now (its getting me used to rejection a bit too xD) I think after a while I will get to the point where I feel comfortable talking to my friends and family over the phone and maybe even get a mobile xD
I would reccommend letting your friends and family know about your fear of the phone so they can help you get used to it with small, regular conversations.

Predacon

I used to have trouble with it, but with having cellphone the last few years, I've gotten more acclimatised to it.

I don't enjoy answering the phone. Sometimes it feels like a invasion of "my zone". Still it's something that can be dealt with faily easily. Sometimes i answer, sometimes i don't. It's mostly people trying to sell something, i have far less issues if i know the jist.... like just saying i'm not interested in some companies services then i do if it's someone just ringing for random conversation. It's a control thing i'd guess.