Anonymous forum

I'm not sure if this idea has been brought up, but is it possible to have a forum where a person can post anonymously? That way it's possible to get opinions and advice without feeling completely open. I see this in another forum/board and it works well.

Is one already here on SPW? How do I access it then?

Nack

Banned
I meant to tell you this earlier, but I think people can post anonymously without logging in. Basically making new user name, but the downfall is that its not instant and needs a mods approval before it shows.

On a side note, I think I'm already anonymous.

Yup. But what I meant was that a registered user can enter and create threads in this forum... but only mods will have the option to see the person's name. Or something like that. The idea here is anonymity, but with some safeguards against spammers (hence, the mods can see real ids)... I mean, I am sure many people will want to say some things, but are hesitant because they know that others will know who they are...

Luke1993

Sorry I don't really understand. Aren't we all effectively anonymous here, unless we decide to post some things about ourselves?

Nack

Banned
The only thing I can thing of if people wanted to be anonymous is to attack each other. And I know that's a no no for Remus. I already feel comfortable saying whatever I want, I don't care if people judge me. I already have a bad rep on here, half of the population of SPW don't even wanna come close to me anymore, lol. So why bother being anonymous.

Why

The only thing I can thing of if people wanted to be anonymous is to attack each other. And I know that's a no no for Remus. I already feel comfortable saying whatever I want, I don't care if people judge me. I already have a bad rep on here, half of the population of SPW don't even wanna come close to me anymore, lol. So why bother being anonymous.

true.
do ppl really care what ppl think of them on a forum, especially a SA forum?

Remus

Staff member
I prefer a secure board and thanks to the likes of uber trolls like jbrown spamming multi accounts and abusing people, it looks like its here to stay

*Shrugs* Just an idea. I personally don't feel that comfortable telling a lot of personal things about myself. I thought that it'll give a chance for the many who are too shy to post otherwise a chance to tell their story. But I see the point about the crazy spammers