Annoying relative

RachRenee

*Hi. I'm an adult, 21, who is living with my grandmother so that I can go to school. I've only been here for about two months and she's already driving me nuts. She doesn't understand that I need space. I like to be alone A LOT. I have a job now, and a side job, and she's still annoying as piss. This morning she did something SO IRRITATING, I'm considering getting the hell out of here. I was out, doing my side job, and the manager at my other job called. When I came back she told me about the call and I called him back. Apparently he wanted me to come in early. He said he'd already found someone else and that it wasn't a big deal. No problem, right? WRONG. My annoying grandmother made it into a huge problem and accused me of "giving attitude." The other day, I made a random comment about how my manager is related to someone that works there and she said "I hope he's not cutting your hours to give more to her!" I wanted to punch her in the ****ing face. I can't stand her. Ugh. I needed to vent. Lol.*

dany

Think about your grandmother, why is she helping you? Isn't because she loves you? I bet she do care a lot about you but maybe she doesn't know how to behave around you.

If you want to change the way people interact with you and how they treat you, first change yourself! This is the first and most important step, changing the way you act, speak and treat people around you so they will change accordingly.

Be kind to her, she is old and you need patience with her.

SCP-087-1

Seems like she's just trying to help in her own way. People meddle because they care. I hate when people meddle but I think what she did wasn't that bad. But then again I only know a small fragment of the situation just from reading your post

April72

It seems to me that the best way to manage this situation is telling Your grandmother the behaviour that bothers you. But, tell her when you are calm down and in a nicely way.
Perhaps, you both, only need a little moré of communication.