Annoyed and judgemental of strangers

Now I know these are bad traits. And I think it's my mind compensating and projecting how I feel about myself. But does anyone just feel annoyed by people in general, because you feel that they should be as self-conscious of their flaws as you are? Of course I don't judge anyone on here, cause I already know how self-critical you all are. It's just I assume everyone who's not us has an "I don't care" attitude, and that really gets under my skin. Ignorance and arrogance really bug me, and I feel all extroverts have to have both traits. So if you break it down, it's as if my inferiority complex is causing a superiority complex! Ironic, huh?

So lemme know if you know what I'm talking about!

vydelia

i know exactly what you mean! i do the same thing, im a customer service rep for an internet company and people are so very ignorant, as soon as i answer the phone im irritated because i know its going to be just like the one before. i cant stand people! ugg

i know exactly what you mean! i do the same thing, im a customer service rep for an internet company and people are so very ignorant, as soon as i answer the phone im irritated because i know its going to be just like the one before. i cant stand people! ugg

Wow, I'd go crazy if I did customer service.

DarkSeeker

My molesting "mother" has some serious case of inferiority complex, and she's exactly like you describe. She sees everyone has a bloody idiot who can't do anything right and doesn't care about anything. Of course, she is so much better than everyone else. She's stuck in a crappy job that is clearly under her level of competence, her husband is irresponsibly spending all their money on big cars and all sort of junk, tossing the leftovers and other bills to her, and on top of it all she's in her forties and still let herself be verbally and emotionally abused by her mentally challenged mother and her homosexual father hiding behind the said mentally challenged ****.

Well nobody's perfect, particularly me who is coming from this horrible background. I constantly feel inferior to everybody, just because of the way I speak or type. I'm seriously persuaded that anyone on this site is more normal than me. I used to be turned upside down when I saw just how careless and unselfconscious people were with casual things. Deep down it doesn't really matter, I think the key to handling a complex of inferiority is too accept that you are inferior but without taking it too personally.

Last edited:

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Adam Corolla said that the dumber you are, the louder you are. That's the way I feel about a lot of strangers, as bad as that sounds.

It does seem like normal people are overtly rude and not very conscientious most of the time. And heaven forbid they catch wind that you're shy, because then it's like they kick-into annoying overdrive.

But I don't think I'm a misanthrope or anything, and I'm also aware (like the OP said) that there's probably a big-dose of compensation and projecting going-on on my part.

Yeah, I don't hate people, I just get jealous that they pretty much flaunt their flaws while I can't help but let mine hold me back.

danstelter

I have felt the same way, and I've noticed that as my anxiety and self-criticalness has reduced, so has my tendency to be judgmental. The thing I learned is to work on myself and take care of my own things because that's all I can do. So, I let go of what other people were doing and it really doesn't matter to me what they are doing. All I know is that I know what I am doing, and I'm getting better and feeling happier, and that's what counts.

bony666

Now I know these are bad traits. And I think it's my mind compensating and projecting how I feel about myself. But does anyone just feel annoyed by people in general, because you feel that they should be as self-conscious of their flaws as you are? Of course I don't judge anyone on here, cause I already know how self-critical you all are. It's just I assume everyone who's not us has an "I don't care" attitude, and that really gets under my skin. Ignorance and arrogance really bug me, and I feel all extroverts have to have both traits. So if you break it down, it's as if my inferiority complex is causing a superiority complex! Ironic, huh?

So lemme know if you know what I'm talking about!

I think you should just adopt a sort of 'Selfish' attitude. That worked for me :) The next time you fear critics of strangers just say to yourselff
1-I am not gonna see them again, they don't care about me, then why should I care about them ?
2-I am certainly not as bad as they say, the reason is: They don't KNOW ME !!!
3-Don't forget that if they are vicious enough to criticize you, then you can also criticize them: Never under-estimate your own power. Bad people are usually bad because they lack self-confidence and because they are unhappy: Just use this to attack them in return
Hope that helps