And then depression kicks in

froghat

Just when I think I've found a way to forget the joys of companionship, I break and feel an emptiness in my soul that tears everything apart again. I find socializing a living nightmare. I don't feel comfortable in my skin... why should I expect others to be drawn towards me? Totally hopeless! :kickingmyself:

ImNotMyIllness

Just when I think I've found a way to forget the joys of companionship, I break and feel an emptiness in my soul that tears everything apart again. I find socializing a living nightmare. I don't feel comfortable in my skin... why should I expect others to be drawn towards me? Totally hopeless! :kickingmyself:

I never really felt comfortable in my skin either. But, I do try to socialize. Have you been to therapy? Maybe you can try meeting up with a few people from this forum?

Why would you want to do that?

So lack of it will cease to cause pain. Unfortunately, we are so deeply hard-wired for companionship that I think that pain will always rear its head, no matter how long you've lived alone. Social anxiety is truly a twisted disorder.