An Introduction

KoalaCrisp

Hi there. I've had social phobia my whole life, as far as I can tell. Even before I was actually afraid of speaking to people, I simply didn't, because I didn't understand that I was supposed to. I was in therapy on and off for about 2 years or so. It didn't seem to help; In fact, it made me feel worse. I'm 23, unemployed, and living with my parents. It sounds pretty bad when I say it like that. It's really hard on my self-esteem. I try to be helpful though, and I do a lot of cooking and cleaning. I've somehow gotten myself into writing and recording a children's album for the local school system though. That's what I tell people I'm doing when they ask if I have a job yet. I dunno, that's all I can think of right now.

DeadmanWalking

Welcome to the forum:)! It sounds like you're up to some interesting things! Good luck with it all and I hope you find some answers and some solace here.

LifeInternal88

Hey, I'm 23 as well, living at home :) Although I don't really see a problem with living at home in your early 20s.

I've somehow gotten myself into writing and recording a children's album for the local school system though.

You make a career out of this? Providing this service to other regions.

HappySquidward

Hi and welcome KoalaCrisp:)!
You might currently be unemployed, but at least it seems you're keeping yourself busy, which I think is great. I hope you find what you're looking for at SPW and I look forward to your future posts.

KoalaCrisp

Hey, I'm 23 as well, living at home :) Although I don't really see a problem with living at home in your early 20s.

You make a career out of this? Providing this service to other regions.

I don't know. I write a lot of my own music and I wish I could make something of that. Writing goofy songs for kids seems like a perversion of my abilities, haha. But I do tend to box myself in that way, saying, "I can't do X because Y and I can't do Y because Z."

U

user deleted

Thanks. Your name is "Amp." Does that mean you play guitar or bass or something else that requires an amp?

No. My name is entirely misleading. I do love music though, and give you huge respect for creating your own. That's definitely something to be proud of.