An act of kindness

planetweirdo

The other day I as riding with my mother to my doctors appointment. my mother needed to stop and get gas, so we stopped at the gas station. My mother and I really didn't have much of any money but we managed to find two dollars worth of change. We didn't know if that was enough to get as much gas as we needed but that was all we had. So my mother sent me into the mart to buy the gas, and there was another lady inside who had just finished buying gas. after hearing me ask the guy behind the counter for only two dollars worth of gas, the lady approached me an asked if I needed more money for gas. I couldn't get my self to respond and started to panic as I usually do when ever a stranger approach me. Before I could respond the lady reached into her pocket an pulled out a $10 bill and gave it to me. I took the money and managed to say thanks vary low and I hoped that she had heard me. She then walked away while I just stood there looking nervous.

Now I just wish that I have done more to show how much I appreciated what that kind lady did. I feel like such an idiot, I just took her money an I don't even know if she heard me say thanks. I hope that she knows how much I appreciate what she have done, and I hope that she don't think that I'm ungrateful. :sad:

Deco

I've made the same mistake a few times. Life can make us worry about so many things or make we feel suspicious about most people, when we finally see an act of kindness we can barely believe or forget to say thanks. But you did it anyway. And some people do not even say "no problem" or any other follow up. It happens frequently when I thank some people for things like holding an elevator door for me. They just give a smile and that's it.

April72

Don't worry. As Deco says we don't expect this act of kindness in nowadays society so I'm sure you were really shocked by the situation. I mean, you having few money and the lady with this generosity.

One day, my dad avoid a girl drowned in the sea. Her family was so afraid that they didn't thank my dad. I'm sure they came to this thought later but in the moment, they were very frightened.

You can't do anything to change your reaction only learn from this.

MotherWolff

Banned
The other day I as riding with my mother to my doctors appointment. my mother needed to stop and get gas, so we stopped at the gas station. My mother and I really didn't have much of any money but we managed to find two dollars worth of change. We didn't know if that was enough to get as much gas as we needed but that was all we had. So my mother sent me into the mart to buy the gas, and there was another lady inside who had just finished buying gas. after hearing me ask the guy behind the counter for only two dollars worth of gas, the lady approached me an asked if I needed more money for gas. I couldn't get my self to respond and started to panic as I usually do when ever a stranger approach me. Before I could respond the lady reached into her pocket an pulled out a $10 bill and gave it to me. I took the money and managed to say thanks vary low and I hoped that she had heard me. She then walked away while I just stood there looking nervous.

Now I just wish that I have done more to show how much I appreciated what that kind lady did. I feel like such an idiot, I just took her money an I don't even know if she heard me say thanks. I hope that she knows how much I appreciate what she have done, and I hope that she don't think that I'm ungrateful. :sad:

Hey friend. Don't sweat it. You know what? She gave to you because she really was being kind to you. It didn't matter how you said "thank you," or even if you said nothing.

People liker her and me, do not give because of assurance or praise from others, but because we love people, our brothers and sisters of all colors all over this planet.:thumbup:

God bless you and stay well.:bigsmile:

April72

Agree, Motherwolf! This lady made an altruistic act. She shared with people around her what she can. She doesn't do it for people's gratitude.

MotherWolff

Banned
Agree, Motherwolf! This lady made an altruistic act. She shared with people around her what she can. She doesn't do it for people's gratitude.

Absolutely. This is what Jesus meant when he says that its good to treat people with kindness because anyone of them could quite literally be an angelic being from Heaven.

I have seen "people" whom tested my ability to be kind to others.

Without question, I would give them money that I meant to spend on a meaningless videogame, and not even pout about it later.

I would marvel at how awesome God is instead.:)

I love all people and all animals.

God, please, never forsake us. We need You more than ever in these Last Days. Amen.:thumbup:

April72

You know what, Motherwolf, I'm not a religious person but I think in the same way as you. I love animals and people.

MotherWolff

Banned
You know what, Motherwolf, I'm not a religious person but I think in the same way as you. I love animals and people.

I would not consider myself religious either.

I am simply a very faithful follower of Jehova and His teachings.

Thank you for the love you share with others. You are very much appreciated.:bigsmile: