amount of Sex on TV

GettingThere

Kaya said:
I sort of know what you are getting at Lifesnotfare, but with the whole beauty thing.
I can't stand looking at all these hot young people on TV and in movies who cannot act for shit!! It is not only unrepresentative but it insults my intelligence. There are so many great actors out there and still they wheel out these bleach blonde chicks called Kate, and some forgettable guys with square jaws!! YAWN!!!
Not to mention the script writing, or lack there of!! :evil:

You go girl!
I know what you mean. Its the same with ads too but I think that sopies are the worst. Everyone is gorgeous and they all have that brilliant white smile, etc. - its just not a realistic take on life and it puts too much pressure on people, especially the young ones - to try to look great.

Kaya

GettingThere said:
Kaya said:
I sort of know what you are getting at Lifesnotfare, but with the whole beauty thing.
I can't stand looking at all these hot young people on TV and in movies who cannot act for shit!! It is not only unrepresentative but it insults my intelligence. There are so many great actors out there and still they wheel out these bleach blonde chicks called Kate, and some forgettable guys with square jaws!! YAWN!!!
Not to mention the script writing, or lack there of!! :evil:

You go girl!
I know what you mean. Its the same with ads too but I think that sopies are the worst. Everyone is gorgeous and they all have that brilliant white smile, etc. - its just not a realistic take on life and it puts too much pressure on people, especially the young ones - to try to look great.
AAAHHHHHHHHH the teeth!! I so want to kick out their teeth!! :twisted:

Kaya

It's not funny, it's unnatural to have that many teeth, and in most species it's not friendly to bare them!! They are asking for a kicking! :evil:

Anonymous

IM THE ONE WHO POSTED THE TOPIC OF MY PENIS NOT GETTING ERECTED ANYMORE AS IT USED TO! AND IM UPSET IF YOU THINK I WAS TRYING TO 'PUT SEX ON THE NET?!', DUDE! DO U KNOW WHAT SEX IS???. I WAS ASKING ABOUT THE TOPIC, BECAUSE I FELT I DO NOT GET AS ERECT ANYMORE AFTER TAKING THE ANTI-DEPRESSANT 'PAXIL'. (WHICH DOES HAVE SEXUAL DYSFUNCTION SIDE EFFECTS DURING USE). NOW IF YOU THINK THAT BY ASKING PEOPLE IF THEY HAVE EXPERIENCED MY SYMPTOMS, A HEALTH CONCERN FOR ME..IF YOU THINK THAT IS SEX. THEN I SUGGEST YOU NOT TO EVER LOOK AT A NAKED WOMAN ON THE INTERNET BECAUSE YOU MIGHT GET A HEART ATTACK.

Parttimer

annie said:
I agree with you that there is alot of sex on TV, however, it does not bother me too much as sex is natural function and part of life.

Now it might bother you as you maybe not getting any, but stop complaining and do something about it. You are always so pessimistic when writing posts. I have never seen you write a positive thing here, unless I missed it :wink:
You are always whinging...its about time you did something about your loneliness and getting yourself a girlfriend. Okay you might be rejected the first, the second and the third time, but keep going. It happens to people who haven't got SA.

The thing is I think you spend too much time behind the computer and not so much time out in the real world.

annie

What a shit post. To say 'stop sitting behind keyboard and get yourself a GF' like getting a GF is as simple as buying a litre of milk is ridiculous. Women expect alot from a bloke these days, confidence high self esteem good sense of humor money etc. when men demand a lot less. Most of the time its the women doing the choosing too. Its so much easier for women to just 'go out and get a bf and it is for a man to get a gf. So obvious, u moron.

And Get Stuffed With The Condescending Attitude. They guy is obviously having a very hard time, and is trying to reach out to pple who might be able to help him. What he does not need, and pple like him such as myself, is malicious arrogant assholes like you putting him down to make yourself feel better.

Anonymous

annie said:
The thing is I think you spend too much time behind the computer and not so much time out in the real world.

8O

Wow, people, I thought this was a SOCIAL PHOBIA web site. OF COURSE people here spend more time at the 'pooter than out in the world!! OF COURSE people vent, and OF COURSE there's negativity. This site is about MENTAL ILLNESS. The LAST thing anyone should be doing here is getting down on someone because they have problems and "have no life." I thought that was everyone's problem here. ;)

LifesNotFair: I know what you mean. A little sex in the media wouldn't bother me, but it's totally supersaturated, and sometimes it pisses me off too. And it's not related to 'not getting any' as some have surmised-- I do sometimes 'get some'. (Maybe it's more to do with my Catholic upbringing? LOL that's a whole 'nother ball of wax. :) )

Anonymous

yeah, J it's is probably because of your unquestioned values. gooooooooo........... sex on TV... woohooo... and as far as life's not fair... maybe I was too harsh, but what is the purpose of venting if it never accomplishes alleviating your anger or pain, long term or short term? Well, I guess being angry does give people a temporary sense of empowerment and there is nothing wrong with that as long as you aren't hurting anyone else. So, I stand corrected.

Anonymous

When I read the post by Annie I was really hoping to see someone flame back. I'm glad I found a couple of comments about her post.

The attitude in that post looks like it comes from someone who has little or no social problems at all. Maybe it's also lack of empathy :/

Now it might bother you as you maybe not getting any, but stop complaining and do something about it.

What a horrible comment. This is what is expected and normally comes from people who don't seem to understand others who suffer from social anxiety.

its about time you did something about your loneliness and getting yourself a girlfriend.

Right......Have you thought that it's not always possible to just GET a girlfriend. Alot of people with SA can't even get a friend, let alone a girlfriend.

Okay you might be rejected the first, the second and the third time, but keep going. It happens to people who haven't got SA."

Being rejected once is enough to really bring someone down. With someone with a very bad case of SA it may take more then 3 tries, it may take 100..Or maybe 1,000 unless they get some kind of treatment. People who don't have SA don't take it as hurtful or intense as someone with SA.

Anonymous

PS. Sorry I messed up the quotes last part of my previous post. Just read under this line-

Okay you might be rejected the first, the second and the third time, but keep going. It happens to people who haven't got SA.

Tirta

I try not watching Tv because i was bored with it but not last long, 3 days without Tv can make me crazy, i am addictive to Tv.