Am i one of the worst social anxiety people?

phil_08

Think ive got it pretty bad.

Basically, i cant walk down the street without feeling people are watching me and judging me, i start thinking that i am walking funny or something and then i start breathing heavily and moving strangely, which then becomes a vicious cycle.

I cant phone people, answer the phone, talk to strangers, look at strangers, speak in a large group, speak in front of people other than friends etc. etc.

Basically whenever people are involved other than my friends, i feel like i described above.

The only times i feel okay are when i am with close friends, i am perfectly fine then, it disappears

I feel terrible constantly when i am on my own and it makes me want to cry

Social anxiety has got to be the worst feeling in the world, it is like being in a constant hell

Please please give me any help or advice you can, i need to get rid of this or it is going to ruin my life. Im 18 now and i cant have this happening

Phil

recluse

We are all suffering from the same problem so you are not alone. Have you seeked help at all?

Biggle

I was in the same situation some time ago, I constantly felt that i was being watched and judged negatively by other people. Today i still get these thoughts but only in periods, when im really down. I got rid of some of the anxiety by forcing myself to the things i was afraid of, no matter how hard it was, ofcourse this is easier said than done for people like us. I think you should try forcing yourself to call the doctor, no matter how much fear it may bring, so that you wont let your anxious thoughts ruin your life.

I will cross my fingers for you and wish you the best :)
You are always welcome to PM or write me if you want to, or need someone to talk too

P.S sorry for bad english in not native

IWouldPreferNotTo

Agoraphobia. I had this my last year of college. I thought everyone was staring at me when I walked by. I hated going outside alone. I hated coming to class late. Felt like everyone was thinking "there's that loser guy". It was pretty bad. Get Paxil, maybe that will help you.

PJ30

Your not the worst case for sure. I have all of those symptoms mentioned as well as having developed severe anxiety when around my closest friends. I cant control my facial expressions when i know people are looking at me and it leads most people to avoid me altogether. I used to have so many friends and now i have none. I dont know what to do.

I've got good news and bad news. The bad news is: you probably can't get rid of it. The good news: you can still live a full life even with anxiety. Give Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT) a try and you'll learn to live with the crazy shiite in your head. ACT uses mindfulness and our own values to help us be response-able. Anxiety isn't the enemy, avoidance is. ACT says we have limited control over our thoughts, feelings, memories, physical reactions. With ACT you'll be able focus on what you can control: your arms, legs, mouth and mind.

AC/DC said:
Hey you, yeah you

Sometimes I think this woman is kinda hot
Sometimes I think this woman is sometimes not
Puts me down, fool me around
Why she do it to me
Out for satisfaction
Any piece of action
That ain't the way it should be

She needs lovin'
Knows I'm the man
She's gotta see
Pours my beer
Licks my ear
Brings out the devil in me
Hell ain't a bad place to be

Spends my money
Drinks my booze
Stays out every night
But I got to thinkin', hey just a minute
Somethin' ain't right
All this disillusions and confusion
Make me wanna cry
Oh the shame you, playin' your games
Tellin' me those lies

Don't mind her playin' demon
Long as it's with me
If this is hell
Then you could say
It's heavenly
Hell ain't a bad place to be

Late at night
Turns down the light
Closes up on me
Opens my heart
Tears me apart
Brings out the devil in me

Hell ain't no bad place to be
I said hell ain't no bad place to be

simon89

When your anxiety is as bad as you described you need to treat it medically as agressively as possible. Two words: CLONAZEPAM, NARDIL.
I am currently on the clonazepam which has halved my anxiety and I am about to start winding up on the nardil. Visit www.socialfear.com . It talks about meidcations without all the bullsh*t stories like how they stop working, etc.. basically reasons why doctors don't like giving them out because they know the patient will find them so effective they will take them for the rest of their life and become "addicted".

Eilonwy

well yours is definitely not the worst case ive heard of. i mean, there are some people who have a hard time making friends to begin with, or are sometimes anxious even around their friends. i know i am. >.< my freshman year of high school my SA was so horrible that I dreaded the idea of going to the cafeteria during lunch period that I would go hide in the bathroom stalls until the period was over. and it was like that throughout the rest of the day, i would be scared of having to face situations where I would be expected to make conversation and whatnot.

but now its not that terrible, not to that extent at least. sometimes it still hits me hard, but the one thing I can assure you will gradually alleviate someee of your anxiety is by more exposure to what youre afraid of. otherwise, when you stay away from certain things, your brain confirms that its something to fear. i know it sounds scary as hell, but, as cliche as it sounds, try to face your fears. it actually often helps, to some extent. it did for me. =]

Liberty

Banned
Think ive got it pretty bad.

Basically, i cant walk down the street without feeling people are watching me and judging me, i start thinking that i am walking funny or something and then i start breathing heavily and moving strangely, which then becomes a vicious cycle.

I cant phone people, answer the phone, talk to strangers, look at strangers, speak in a large group, speak in front of people other than friends etc. etc.

Basically whenever people are involved other than my friends, i feel like i described above.

The only times i feel okay are when i am with close friends, i am perfectly fine then, it disappears

I feel terrible constantly when i am on my own and it makes me want to cry

Social anxiety has got to be the worst feeling in the world, it is like being in a constant hell

Please please give me any help or advice you can, i need to get rid of this or it is going to ruin my life. Im 18 now and i cant have this happening

Phil

If you feel perfectly fine around friends you are one of the best SA people.