Am i Just Unlucky

avid_merrion

ok i am just begining to wonder if i will ever meet a girl that will love me the way i love them. i have been so hurt by girls in the past and im just starting to loose all hope. what is so wrong with me that i scare them off ?! i feel so fed up and depressed i go to uni but have no friends out of uni and i hardly speak to anyone at uni mostly because they think im a freak. what do i need to do to find someone, is it to much to ask to jus have someone in my life, im sorry for going on but this is really getting me down. any advice or opinions would be very welcome.

Chrisfishes

From my experience if you are constantly looking for some one to fall in love with, you will end up with alot heartache. Just be yourself, the nice pereson you know you are, and it may take some but you will have a better chance of forming a meaning realtionship. And even if you don't live happily ever after you will most likley make some really good friends. Who can then point you in the direction of their friends.LOL, don't know if that helps you. but be patient.

arlequin

Have you tryed to meet people from the sp web? I have and I have met some people in person and we still see each other. With this people I don't feel someone different. You could find friends and who knows what more.

MadCat

avid_merrion said:
ok i am just begining to wonder if i will ever meet a girl that will love me the way i love them. i have been so hurt by girls in the past and im just starting to loose all hope. what is so wrong with me that i scare them off ?! i feel so fed up and depressed i go to uni but have no friends out of uni and i hardly speak to anyone at uni mostly because they think im a freak. what do i need to do to find someone, is it to much to ask to jus have someone in my life, im sorry for going on but this is really getting me down. any advice or opinions would be very welcome.

LOL that's exactly the same thing I say. I think I've tried everything except a few odd ways. I have like nuclear grade love to give out but I don't get much in return, if any. I'm to the point where I am stopping looking.

Anyone got any advice for me? How to get myself more noticed? I am so avoidant that I'm pretty much anonymous out there or so introverted that no one knows that I am interested.

Fredscars

MadCat said:
LOL that's exactly the same thing I say. I think I've tried everything except a few odd ways. I have like nuclear grade love to give out but I don't get much in return, if any. I'm to the point where I am stopping looking.

Anyone got any advice for me? How to get myself more noticed? I am so avoidant that I'm pretty much anonymous out there or so introverted that no one knows that I am interested.
you could dress up all in green and preten to be a leprechaun.
that would get you noticed.

but no, seriously. i cant say i can help you much, youve obviously tried hard, but have several problems getting in your way. All i can say is dont stop trying, even though it hurts so bad.
if youre completely at a loose end then you could always get one of the mail order brides. :lol:

LilMissTragic

Madcat, you seem to have made yourself invisible as a defence. I think its just a case of getting out of your negative attitude (easier said than done, I know) but hiding yourself away aint gonna do you any favours. Do any of you go to chat rooms???...I find that a great way to get to know people. I met my fiance in one...used to think it was pretty lame once...lol...but it does actually work, We got to know each other without all those awkward silences you get when face to face.
Give that a try....if you havent already.

MadCat

Thanks for the advice LilMissTragic.

I guess it would help if I could stop hiding. Chat rooms are a no go becuase of my memory/concentration issues. I cannot follow more than 1 person without getting overwhelmed with thoughts. The reason I get overwhelemed is because I am paying attention to every detail and finding muliple meanings to every single word that appears on the screen. I freeze so often in chat rooms that it's not worth it.

10 minutes a month is all I can muster to spend time in chats.

1 on 1 is the only thing I can handle and even then it causes arguments every time. It doesn't help with my lack of understand of people, especially the ones who seem to blend in social situations (like chat).

None of the people in these chats are really suited as chat material for me anyway because they all have no idea how hard it can be for a person to concetrate.

Ohh "you can do it..just type" stuff that I get sometimes makes me just withdraw.

So to sum it up...it just doens't work for me :(

My depression is pretty bad a nd personality disorder just as difficult cope with. It makes it extra hard to make a move and then when I do my personality disorder has a double effect that pushes me down. arghhh

I don't even have the guts to type because I feel that I am invading other peoples space anyway.

kattness

avid_merrion said:
ok i am just begining to wonder if i will ever meet a girl that will love me the way i love them. i have been so hurt by girls in the past and im just starting to loose all hope. what is so wrong with me that i scare them off ?! i feel so fed up and depressed i go to uni but have no friends out of uni and i hardly speak to anyone at uni mostly because they think im a freak. what do i need to do to find someone, is it to much to ask to jus have someone in my life

i know this has been quoted before but yep i also feel the same way (but about guys of course)

cant agree more with madcat though.