am I just being paranoid

xabbashiax

I'm probably just being paranoid. and these negative thoughts won't help me but sometimes when your talking don't you feel that people look like they are really not interested in what you're saying. A few occasions when I have talked to people I have seen their eyes look everywhere but at me. One time a girl walked away from me to talk to her friend whilst I was in the middle of saying something. I think this is probably because they are just rude people because to be honest not everyone I talk to does this. Today my workmate who I get on pretty well with sorta did this but then again she may have just been nervous because I know shes quite shy.

I hold a lot of resentment when people do this. I think it's probably from unresolved issues from when i was bullied in secondary school or something. It's weird because I feel like I'm not as good as other people but when they treat me disrespectfully I feel like i'm just the same as you who are you to treat me like that.
Does anyone have any advice on dealing with with resentment because it really gets to me.

:?

I can relate to some extent, I get that a lot. Being a social-phobe, I think my problem stems from hyper-sensitivity to social situations; if I wasn't so sensitive, this kind of thing would roll off my back. In a way, it's helpful to realise that other people aren't as sensitive as me, that way I can see that they probably don't mean to offend, they are just more careless. I don't know if you have the same issue with sensitivity as me, but if you do, maybe it'd be helpful to try and see it from their perspective, and remind yourself that more often than not, it's nothing personal. People often just don't think. Having said all that, I don't mean to say that there's anything wrong with being sensitive, not at all, but less sensitive people often just don't understand why we feel the way we do, and why we care so much.

I hope this resentment leaves you, I know how hard it can be.

recluse

At work i feel invisible at times. Like someone will walk in say hello to a workmate and not look at me. I usually have to make the effort to initiate a greeting.

fag00t

xabbashiax said:
I'm probably just being paranoid. and these negative thoughts won't help me but sometimes when your talking don't you feel that people look like they are really not interested in what you're saying. A few occasions when I have talked to people I have seen their eyes look everywhere but at me. One time a girl walked away from me to talk to her friend whilst I was in the middle of saying something. I think this is probably because they are just rude people because to be honest not everyone I talk to does this. Today my workmate who I get on pretty well with sorta did this but then again she may have just been nervous because I know shes quite shy.

I hold a lot of resentment when people do this. I think it's probably from unresolved issues from when i was bullied in secondary school or something. It's weird because I feel like I'm not as good as other people but when they treat me disrespectfully I feel like i'm just the same as you who are you to treat me like that.
Does anyone have any advice on dealing with with resentment because it really gets to me.

xabbashiax said:

xabbashiax said:

xabbashiax said:

xabbashiax said:

xabbashiax said:

xabbashiax said:

cobalt_bluester

recluse said:
At work i feel invisible at times. Like someone will walk in say hello to a workmate and not look at me. I usually have to make the effort to initiate a greeting.
Hi recluse how you doing? I also feel that I have to make 'all the going' in social situations. Some people just don't give me the time of day, even though I am nice and polite to them there is obviously something that they don't like about me. :(