Am I going delusional

dannyboy65

I barely sleep now... Every time I lay down to sleep an eerie feeling takes over that I'm being watched. I haven't had a good sleep in so long, I'm exhausted. When I try though I just can't sleep I try playing peaceful music to put away the silence but it won't work. I was supposed to see my Doctor last Thursday but the appointment got cancelled due to a blizzard. I'm trying in every way possible to get help, I just can't find any. My schizophrenia is so whacked that when I'm sometimes walking I get visions just a bunch of pictures flash then there gone. It happens at the most random times, some are violent some are random. Then to go along with it the voices come then they quiet down. I'm trying to stay positive and push through. I'm trying to get help but where I live we just had 6 storm days.

Lavinialuna

My husband has Schizo-effective and he has a lot of the same problems, and it's so hard to watch someone suffer through it. I was trying to think of what he does when he is having a hard time and one thing I know for him is to watch Family Guy. It's the one stupid show that seems to hold his attention just enough to stop him from concentrating too hard on what is going on in his head. Luckily, his medication makes him really sleepy at night so he is out like a light.
I hope you find the help from the right Dr., hang in there. I always tell him to rationalize with himself "things are bad right now, but it will settle down." You'll be in my thoughts, and if you feel comfortable, I have a shoulder for you to cry on :(

dannyboy65

My husband has Schizo-effective and he has a lot of the same problems, and it's so hard to watch someone suffer through it. I was trying to think of what he does when he is having a hard time and one thing I know for him is to watch Family Guy. It's the one stupid show that seems to hold his attention just enough to stop him from concentrating too hard on what is going on in his head. Luckily, his medication makes him really sleepy at night so he is out like a light.
I hope you find the help from the right Dr., hang in there. I always tell him to rationalize with himself "things are bad right now, but it will settle down." You'll be in my thoughts, and if you feel comfortable, I have a shoulder for you to cry on :(

Thanks, strangely I watch family guy too to keep myself from losing it. I think its comedy just makes me feel a little better seeing how stupid it is but I find it interesting. Yea I am trying my best to push through because I don't know when I can get another appointment.