Am i easily forgotten?

Eristelle

Have any of you ever experienced making friends but days later they forget about you?

Sometimes that discourages me from even trying anymore. It's like I try to talk to them, but they never have anything to say to me. Yet when the next person comes around they have a bunch to say. I can't stand that.

Am I just too depressing? Boring? Quiet? Shy? What makes a person so easily forgettable? I always have to attempt conversation with them or otherwise they forget about me and we never talk again. :(

Last edited:
It's not you.These people are looking for someone to suckle on,not a two way conversation of equals.
They never got any boob when they were wee and it shows in their personal interactions.
Seriously,this is the psychological reason for them acting like this.
Everyone goes through this,like the person next to you telling the air there's no one to talk to,it's a form of acting out.
You see,if you don't have any skills,or personality,then it's your job in life to wait for the shiny people to come along.
I for one would not want to be retarded like that.
Be thankful you're not.

Rembrandt Broam

Have any of you ever experienced making friends but days later they forget about you?

Sometimes that discourages me from even trying anymore. It's like I try to talk to them, but they never have anything to say to me. Yet when the next person comes around they have a bunch to say. I can't stand that.

Am I just too depressing? Boring? Quiet? Shy? What makes a person so easily forgettable? I always have to attempt conversation with them or otherwise they forget about me and we never talk again. :(

I don't think it's that you're forgettable, it's just that people 'click' with some people more than others. There will be people who feel a connection with you and have a lot to say to you, while not having a lot in common with other people. It's easy to take these things personally, and focus more on the times you've felt snubbed, but it's really nothing that's wrong with you. It happens to everyone.

Eristelle

It's not you.These people are looking for someone to suckle on,not a two way conversation of equals.
They never got any boob when they were wee and it shows in their personal interactions.
Seriously,this is the psychological reason for them acting like this.
Everyone goes through this,like the person next to you telling the air there's no one to talk to,it's a form of acting out.
You see,if you don't have any skills,or personality,then it's your job in life to wait for the shiny people to come along.
I for one would not want to be retarded like that.
Be thankful you're not.

Lol. :]

I see. So they're the ones who lack a personality? Yes, but they don't always make it a one way conversation. When a different person comes along they do participate to the conversation with them. Sadly I've noticed its always a prettier, funnier, girl than me. It makes me wonder if i'm ugly and I lack a personality sometimes.

Eristelle

I don't think it's that you're forgettable, it's just that people 'click' with some people more than others. There will be people who feel a connection with you and have a lot to say to you, while not having a lot in common with other people. It's easy to take these things personally, and focus more on the times you've felt snubbed, but it's really nothing that's wrong with you. It happens to everyone.

Well, it happens to me quite often then. Even without them having decent conversations with other people if i decided to not talk to anyone today there's a high possibility that they will not contact me out of random like I do to them. In fact, if I don't start the conversation they never contact me again.