am I depressed??

man on the hill

the other day somebody asked me if I was depressed or anything like that and I said "no, I dont think so,". So later that day I get online and start reading about depression and the symptoms and I was kind of surprised when I read some of the symptoms because they seemed to describe me word for word. some of the main ones that described me were "Loss of interest in daily activities--No interest in former hobbies, pastimes, social activities, or sex. You’ve lost your ability to feel joy and pleasure.". "Loss of energy-- Feeling fatigued, sluggish, and physically drained. Your whole body may feel heavy, and even small tasks are exhausting or take longer to complete.". "Self-loathing-- Strong feelings of worthlessness or guilt. You harshly criticize yourself for perceived faults and mistakes.".

I also have issues with SA and it seems like the last couple years of my life (im 24 now) have been the worst for me when it comes to describing my "social life", which I really dont even have. I dont talk to ANYBODY about my personal life or problems I might have, not even my parents or brothers or anybody. this place here is one of the few places ive ever talked about myself. so I guess my question is, am I slightly depressed if I happen to have some of the symptoms of depression?

Apotheosis

It's possible. You don't have to be all "woe is me" to be depressed.

I'm not a doctor so I can't diagnose you (though if the symptoms you described fit you, I'd say you were depressed, at least mildly).

The most important consideration is whether or not you feel these symptoms have had a negative impact on your life (e.g. harder to function because of fatigue). If they have then you may want to talk to a doctor.

I wish I could give you more than the generic advice, but the above is pretty much the best immediate goto if you're not sure.