Am I being too pessimistic about my chances of meeting peopl

davemason2k

Soooooo, after years of avoiding people and bouncing around from job to job, I finally decided to go back on medication/therapy and now I'm in the process of getting a job. The medication really helped me the first time I took it. I went from hiding in the house to making 3 real good friends and just doing normal teenager stuff. Life was great. I want those good times back again! I need a friend! A girlfriend especially... and this job is good in that I will deliver and stock food to 10 grocery stores a day, so I won't be stuck around the same people for 8 hours, I'll have the chance to meet lots of people. I'm excited, but so out of practice socially that the whole concept of making friends seems to foreign to me.

The last time I was on meds and working, I did very well meeting new people. Sure, not everyone connected with me, but I clicked with lots of guys and girls. I'd love to get to this point again, but I just get this scary feeling that things will be different this time and I'll struggle to connect with anyone. It just seems that once you're out of high school/college, everyone is too busy with their life to make friends and get to know other people. Maybe I'm overthinking this and assuming the worst in people, but this is how I feel. It's been so long since someone has actually shown an interest in me(partially because I wasn't putting myself out there), that I guess I've come to believe no one would ever do this again.

I guess I'm putting too much pressure on myself. I'm sort of making this seem like a job interview where I have to prove my self worth before anyone would dare approach me and talk to me. The combination of avoidance and lack of confidence has put me in this spot and I'm dying to get out of it. Do you guys understand what I'm trying to say? Everything just seems so complicated right now. Maybe once I start things will just start flowing natural, but I don't know. I'm freaking out!

2Crowded

Just try to relax i guess as easy as that sounds...for me I know it wouldnt be...but you are doing so very good already in my opinion...you have a job & you are on medication & you are out there trying to make it work for yourself...I bet the rest will come to you in time once you get comfortable with your new position....I'm rooting for you.