Am I a bitch?

Fighter86

In my opinion this is not about taste, its just about getting someone the cheapest and kischiest thing u could get, in a hurry,one day after their birthday(its not like he was even busy, he had plenty of time). It just makes me wonder if maybe he thinks im not worth it..Like I said, a simple flower wouldve been better. I didn't say im going to dump him, just..this left me feeling strange and not in a good way.

I agree with you. If he really didn't know what to get you the least he could have done was to ask you what you like. Also considering he was actually earning good money he should have gotten you a more appropriate gift that you would like and can actually use.

Reminds me of the time I received a cheap photo frame thing on valentine's day. I seriously suspected it was a recycled gift but acted like I was thrilled with it anyway. We had been out maybe say four or five times so I wasn't even expecting him to celebrate the day with me, but he had made mention the day and wanted to celebrate it but not only did he got me a cheap thoughtless gift he brought me to the food court too :eek:

EscapeArtist

I think you posted too little info about the whole relationship, except the poorly chosen birthday gift issue. I wonder why this reason is enough by itself to dump your bf, to me it seems like your attachment to him is not so strong generaly.

He might simply have different or not so good taste, but I aren´t there more important criteria to judge?

Agree with this answer.

He asked you why you weren't wearing his rings, I agree with Puma, he must have really thought you liked them, it's still sweet. His style must be very different from yours though