Always Testing Yourself

getbornagain

I know what you mean. The OCD constantly tries to find loopholes in your comfort; tries to trick you you actually want/like the intrusives so the uninformed way to fight back is by doing it and PROVING to yourself and the OCD that you don't enjoy the idea. I think it is considered a form of compulsion though, because you are acknowledging the retarded idea.... However, the ERP (Exposure Response Prevention) therapy treatment would suggest you DO want to expose yourself to your fear and learn how to handle it.... So I guess to an extent testing yourself is part of the healing process. I'm really not sure.... But in relation to your post, I totally do the same thing by testing myself constantly.

getbornagain

I am still convinced that the best way to manage your OCD is by not acknowledging the intrusions though so be careful with your 'exposure'. It's very tricky, but whenever anxiety is produced it reinforces the OCD so remember to SHAKE IT OFF!

"You are who you were before it ever became a question"

durda_dan

one new thing for me, my violent urges, stopped for a while. then theyh came back, and i remember i read. it's only bad if you enjoy them
then i started thinking, what if i enjoy them. if i didn't enjoy them they wouldn't be in my head right?